Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women's Health Issues
- Committee opinion 743: Low-dose aspirin use during pregnancy.Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2018; 132: 44-52
- Practice bulletin 202: Gestational hypertension and preeclampsia.Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2019; 133: 211-214
- Practice bulletin 204: Fetal growth restriction.Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2019; 133: 1063-1066
- Prediction and prevention of spontaneous preterm birth.Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2021; 138: e65-e90
- Preeclampsia and preterm birth subtypes in Nova Scotia, 1986 to 1992.American Journal of Perinatology. 1997; 14: 17-23
- Medically indicated preterm birth: Recognizing the importance of the problem.Clinics in Perinatology. 2008; 35: 53-67
- Maternal posttraumatic stress disorder during the perinatal period and child outcomes: A systematic review.Journal of Affective Disorders. 2018; 225: 18-31
- Available:)www.research.va.gov/mvp/Date: 2022Date accessed: May 10, 2022 (
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) use during pregnancy and risk of preterm birth: A systematic review and meta-analysis.BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 2016; 123: 1900-1907
- Racial differences in the biochemical effects of stress in pregnancy.Environmental Research and Public Health. 2020; 17: 6941
- Sourcebook: Women veterans in the Veterans Health Administration.Longitudinal trends in sociodemographics, utilization, health profile, and geographic distribution. 4. Women’s Health Evaluation Initiative, Women’s Health Services, Veterans Health Administration, Washington, DC2018: 4
- Epidemiology and causes of preterm birth.Lancet. 2008; 371: 75-84
- Validity of PTSD diagnoses in VA administrative data: Comparison of VA administrative PTSD diagnoses to self-reported PTSD Checklist scores.Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development. 2011; 48: 21-30
- Preterm birth and antidepressant medication use during pregnancy: A systematic review and meta-analysis.PLoS One. 2014; 9: e92778
- Treatment and management of depression symptoms in pregnant veterans: Varying experiences of mental health care in the prenatal period.Psychiatric Quarterly. 2020; 91: 475-493
- Mechanistic explanations how cell-mediated immune activation, inflammation and oxidative and nitrosative stress pathways and their sequels and concomitants play a role in the pathophysiology of unipolar depression.Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews. 2012; 36: 764-785
- March of Dimes preterm birth report card (p. 1–144).(Available:)www.marchofdimes.org/peristats/tools/reportcard.aspx?reg=44Date: 2019Date accessed: May 14, 2022
- Perinatal depression-the fourth inflammatory morbidity of pregnancy? Theory and literature review.Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2013; 38: 1929-1952
- Commentary: Can nonrandomized studies on the safety of antidepressants duringpregnancy convincingly beat confounding, chance, and prior beliefs?.Epidemiology. 2012; 23: 686-688
- Measuring female veterans’ prepregnancy wellness using Department of Veterans Affairs’ health record data.Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2021; 137: 471-480
- Predicting preeclampsia from a history of preterm birth.PLoS One. 2017; 12: 1-10
- Effects of posttraumatic stress disorder on pregnancy outcomes.Journal of Affective Disorders. 2007; 102: 137-143
- Prenatal maternal posttraumatic stress disorder as a risk factor for adverse birth weight and gestational age outcomes: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Journal of Affective Disorders. 2021; 295: 530-540
- Prevalence, trauma history, and risk for posttraumatic stress disorder among nulliparous women in maternity care.Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2009; 114: 839-847
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and antepartum complications: A novel risk factor for gestational diabetes and preeclampsia.Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology. 2017; 31: 185-194
- Posttraumatic stress disorder and risk of spontaneous preterm birth.Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2014; 124: 1111-1119
- Selection of higher risk pregnancies into Veterans Health Administration programs: Discoveries from linked Department of Veterans Affairs and California Birth data.Health Services Research. 2018; 53: 5260-5284
- Deployment and preterm birth among US Army soldiers.American Journal of Epidemiology. 2018; 187: 687-695
- Patterns of treatment utilization across the perinatal period in the Center for Maternal and Infant Outcomes and Research in Translation (COMFORT) veterans study.Journal of Women’s Health. 2020; 30: 882-890
- Associations of maternal antidepressant use during the first trimester of pregnancy with preterm birth, small for gestational age, autism spectrum disorder, and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in offspring.The Journal of the American Medical Association. 2017; 317: 1553-1562
- Association of antenatal depression symptoms and antidepressant treatment with preterm birth.Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2016; 127: 926-933
- Pregnant women with posttraumatic stress disorder and risk of preterm birth.The Journal of the American Medical Association Psychiatry. 2014; 71: 897-904
- Diagnosis, pathophysiology, and management of mood disorders in pregnant and postpartum women.Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2011; 117: 961-977
Disclosure: The authors report no conflict of interest.
Disclaimer: Development of the Women's Health Evaluation Initiative (WHEI) data which were used in this study was supported by Veterans Health Administration Women's Health Services.
Funding Statement: Partial funding for this research was provided by grant number IIR 20-314 from the Department of Veterans Affairs, Health Services Research and Development Service. Dr. Danielle Panelli's time is partially supported by an NIH K12HD103084 grant.