Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The association between the quality of inpatient care and early readmission: A meta-analysis of the evidence.Medical Care. 1997; 35: 1044-1059
- The association between the quality of inpatient care and early readmission.Annals of Internal Medicine. 1995; 122: 415-421
- A conceptual framework for the study of early readmission as an indicator of quality of care.Social Science & Medicine. 1996; 43: 1533-1541
- Heart disease and stroke statistics-2017 update: A report from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2017; 135: e146-e603
- Sex differences in mortality following acute coronary syndromes.JAMA. 2009; 302: 874-882
- Diagnoses and timing of 30-day readmissions after hospitalization for heart failure, acute myocardial infarction, or pneumonia.JAMA. 2013; 309: 355-363
- Association of changing hospital readmission rates with mortality rates after hospital discharge.JAMA. 2017; 318: 270-278
- Sex differences in trajectories of risk after rehospitalization for heart failure, acute myocardial infarction, or pneumonia.Circulation. Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes. 2017; 10: e003271
- Sex differences in 1-year all-cause rehospitalization in patients after acute myocardial infarction: A prospective observational study.Circulation. 2017; 135: 521-531
- Sex differences in the rate, timing, and principal diagnoses of 30-day readmissions in younger patients with acute myocardial infarction.Circulation. 2015; 132: 158-166
- Thirty-day rehospitalizations after acute myocardial infarction: A cohort study.Annals of Internal Medicine. 2012; 157: 11-18
- Trends in acute myocardial infarction in young patients and differences by sex and race, 2001 to 2010.Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2014; 64: 337-345
- The impact of postdischarge telephonic follow-up on hospital readmissions.Population Health Management. 2011; 14: 27-32https://doi.org/10.1089/pop.2009.0076
- Race and sex differences in post-myocardial infarction angina frequency and risk of 1-year unplanned rehospitalization.Circulation. 2017; 135: 532-543
- Do younger women fare worse? Sex differences in acute myocardial infarction hospitalization and early mortality rates over ten years.Journal of Women's Health. 2014; 23: 10-17
- Defragmenting care.Annals of Internal Medicine. 2010; 153: 757-758
- Comparison of readmission rates after acute myocardial infarction in 3 patient age groups (18 to 44, 45 to 64, and >/=65 Years) in the United States.American Journal of Cardiology. 2017; 120: 1761-1767
- Hospital readmissions and the Affordable Care Act: Paying for coordinated quality care.Journal of the American Medical Association. 2011; 306: 1794-1795
- Racial/Ethnic and gender gaps in the use of and adherence to evidence-based preventive therapies among elderly Medicare Part D beneficiaries after acute myocardial infarction.Circulation. 2014; 129: 754-763
- Multiple cardiovascular comorbidities and acute myocardial infarction: Temporal trends (1990-2007) and impact on death rates at 30 days and 1 year.Clinical Epidemiology. 2012; 4: 115-123
- Acute myocardial infarction in women: A scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2016; 133: 916-947
- Age and sex differences in duration of prehospital delay in patients with acute myocardial infarction: A systematic review.Circulation Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes. 2010; 3: 82-92
- Gender differences in in-hospital clinical outcomes after percutaneous coronary interventions: An insight from a Japanese multicenter registry.PLoS One. 2015; 10: e0116496
- Association of admission to veterans affairs hospitals vs non-veterans affairs hospitals with mortality and readmission rates among older men hospitalized with acute myocardial infarction, heart failure, or pneumonia.Journal of the American Medical Association. 2016; 315: 582-592
- Comparison of 30-day readmission rates after hospitalization for acute myocardial infarction in men versus women.American Journal of Geriatric Cardiology. 2017; 120: 1070-1076
- Readmissions after hospitalization for heart failure, acute myocardial infarction, or pneumonia among young and middle-aged adults: A retrospective observational cohort study.PLoS Medicine. 2014; 11: e1001737
- High sensitivity cardiac troponin and the under-diagnosis of myocardial infarction in women: Prospective cohort study.BMJ (Clinical Research Ed.). 2015; 350: g7873
Conflict of Interest/Disclosure: None.
Sources of Funding: The research described was supported by National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD) Grant P20 MD000173, U54MD00760131 , and was also supported in part by NIMHD grant U54MD007584 and National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) grants GM103341 and GM113134 , and grant RO1HS019990 from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.