Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women's Health Issues
- A randomized comparison of medical abortion and surgical vacuum aspiration at 10-13 weeks gestation.Human Reproduction. 2002; 17: 92-98
- A comparison of medical induction and dilation and evacuation for second-trimester abortion.American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2002; 187: 393-397
- Pain of first-trimester abortion: A study of psychosocial and medical predictors.Pain. 1989; 36: 339-350
- Labor induction abortion in the second trimester.Contraception. 2011; 84: 4-18
- Prenatally diagnosed fetal conditions in the age of fetal care: Does who counsels matter?.American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2012; 206: 409.e1-409.e11
- Does professional orientation predict ethical sensitivities? Attitudes of pediatric and obstetric specialists toward fetuses, pregnant women and pregnancy termination.Journal of Medical Ethics. 2014; 40: 117-122
- Psychological outcomes of medical versus surgical elective first trimester abortion.Nursing for Women’s Health. 2012; 16: 296-307
- Reasons U.S. women have abortions: Quantitative and qualitative perspectives.Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health. 2005; 37: 110-118
- Impact of clinic closures on women obtaining abortion services after implementation of a restrictive law in Texas.American Journal of Public Health. 2016; 106: 857-864
- Midtrimester abortion by dilatation and evacuation versus intra-amniotic instillation of prostaglandin F2 alpha: A randomized clinical trial.American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 1980; 137: 785-790
- Mifepristone and misoprostol versus dilation and evacuation for midtrimester abortion: A pilot randomized controlled trial.British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2004; 111: 148-153
- State laws and policies: Targeted regulations of abortion providers.(Available:)www.guttmacher.org/state-policy/explore/targeted-regulation-abortion-providersDate: 2018Date accessed: April 10, 2018
- Dilation and evacuation.in: Paul M. Lichtenberg E. Borgatta L. Grimes D.A. Stubblefield P.G. Creinin M.D. Management of Unintended and Abnormal Pregnancy. John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY2009
- Comparison of medical abortion with surgical vacuum aspiration: Women’s preferences and acceptability of treatment.British Medical Journal. 1993; 307: 714-717
- Women’s perceptions on medical abortion.Contraception. 2006; 74: 11-15
- Comparing medical versus surgical termination of pregnancy at 13-20 weeks of gestation: A randomised controlled trial.British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 2010; 117: 1512-1520
- Characteristics of women who undergo second trimester abortion in the setting of a fetal anomaly.Contraception. 2012; 85: 63-68
- Women’s decision making regarding choice of second trimester termination method for pregnancy complications.International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics. 2012; 116: 244-248
- Abortion incidence and service availability in the United States, 2014.Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health. 2017; 49: 17-27
- Surgical versus medical methods for second trimester induced abortion.Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2008; : CD006714
- The Safety and Quality of Abortion Care in the United States.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2018
- Second trimester termination of pregnancy: A review by site and procedure type.Contraception. 2008; 77: 155-161
- 2010 SOC User Guide.(Available:)www.bls.gov/soc/soc_2010_class_and_coding_structure.pdfDate: 2010Date accessed: December 9, 2016
Funding Statement: Partial support for this research was provided by a grant received through the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. The authors report no conflicts of interest.
Data Statement: Data not available owing to confidentiality concerns and sensitivity of clinical content.