Materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women's Health Issues
Abortions discontinued at 7 locations in Arizona. (2011). Tucson.com. Available: http://tucson.com/news/science/health-med-fit/abortions-discontinued-at-locations-in-arizona/article_86710884-2258-54bf-8bf7-d51d6d5788e9.html. Accessed: July 3, 2017.
- Risk factors for legal induced abortion-related mortality in the United States.Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2004; 103: 729-737
- Side effects, physical health consequences, and mortality associated with abortion and birth after an unwanted pregnancy.Women’s Health Issues. 2016; 26: 55-59
- Physician assistants as providers of surgically induced abortion services.American Journal of Public Health. 2004; 94: 1352-1357
- Change in abortion services after implementation of a restrictive law in Texas.Contraception. 2014; 90: 496-501
- Safety of mifepristone abortions in clinical use.Contraception. 2005; 72: 175-178
- Abortion services resume at new planned parenthood clinic in flagstaff.Arizona Daily Sun. 2014; (Available:) (Accessed: July 3, 2017)http://azdailysun.com/news/local/abortion-services-resume-at-new-planned-parenthood-clinic-in-flagstaff/article_9da0f2d8-9864-11e3-ae56-0019bb2963f4.html
- Comparison of medical abortion with surgical vacuum aspiration: women's preferences and acceptability of treatment.British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Ed.). 1993; 307: 714-717
- Abortion surveillance - United States, 2013.Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 2016; 65: 1-44
- Abortion incidence and service availability in the United States, 2014: Abortion incidence and service availability in the United States, 2014.Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health. 2017; 49: 17-27
- The impact of Mississippi's mandatory delay law on the timing of abortion.Family Planning Perspectives. 2000; 32: 4-13
- The impact of state mandatory counseling and waiting period laws on abortion.A literature review. 2009; (Available: https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/pubs/MandatoryCounseling.pdf. Accessed: July 3, 2017.)
- Abortion patients' experience and perceptions of waiting periods: Survey evidence before Arizona's two-visit 24-hour mandatory waiting period law.Womens Health Issues. 2016; 26: 60-66
- Out-of-pocket costs and insurance coverage for abortion in the United States.Womens Health Issues. 2014; 24: e211-218
- Utah's 72-hour waiting period for abortion: Experiences among a clinic-based sample of women.Perspective on Sexual and Reproductive Health. 2016; 48: 179-187
State facts about abortion; Arizona. (2017). Available: http://www.guttmacher.org/fact-sheet/state-facts-about-abortion-arizona. Accessed: July 3, 2017.
- Comparison of outcomes before and after Ohio's law mandating use of the FDA-approved protocol for medication abortion: A retrospective cohort study.PLoS Medicine. 2016; 13: e1002110https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.1002110
- Rates of complication in first-trimester manual vacuum aspiration abortion done by doctors and mid-level providers in South Africa and Vietnam: A randomised controlled equivalence trial.Lancet (London, England). 2006; 368: 1965-1972
- Safety of aspiration abortion performed by nurse practitioners, certified nurse midwives, and physician assistants under a California legal waiver.American Journal of Public Health. 2013; 103: 454-461
Funding Statement: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.