- Policies on worksite lactation support within states and organizations.Journal of Women’s Health. 2013; 22: 769-774
- Breast is best… but not everywhere: Ambivalent sexism and attitudes toward private and public breastfeeding.Sex Roles. 2009; 61: 476-490
- Practitioners’ note: Lactation breaks in the workplace: What employers need to know about the nursing mothers amendment to the FLSA.Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal. 2012; 30: 121-177
- Workplace lactation support by New Jersey employers following US reasonable break time for nursing mothers law.Journal of Human Lactation. 2015; 31: 76-80
- Employers’ readiness for the mother-friendly workplace: An elicitation study.Maternal and Child Nutrition Journal. 2012; 8: 483-491
Break Time for Nursing Mothers Provision of 2010, 29 U.S.C. § 207(r) 2010.
- School district wellness policies: Evaluating progress and potential for improving children's health five years after the federal mandate. Brief report. 3. Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, New York2013
Child Nutrition and WIC Reauthorization Act of 2004, Pub.L. No. 108–265. (2004).
- Breastfeeding and health outcomes for the mother-infant dyad.Pediatric Clinics of North America. 2013; 60: 31-48
- Breast milk pumping beliefs, supports, and barriers on a university campus.Journal of Human Lactation. 2015; 31: 156-165
- The business case for breastfeeding: A successful regional implementation, evaluation, and follow-up.Breastfeeding Medicine. 2013; 8: 413-417
- Airports in the United States: Are they really breastfeeding friendly?.Breastfeeding Medicine. 2014; 9: 515-519
- A summary of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality’s evidence report on breastfeeding in developed countries.Breastfeeding Medicine. 2009; 4: S17-S30
- Access to workplace accommodations to support breastfeeding after passage of the Affordable Care Act.Womens Health Issues. 2016; 26: 6-13
- Breastfeeding support: time and space solutions.2014 (Available:)Accessed: May 18, 2016)
- Duration of breast milk expression among working mothers enrolled in an employer-sponsored lactation program.Pediatric Nursing. 2004; 30: 111-119
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) of 2010, Pub. L. No. 111-148, § 4207, 124 Stat. 119, 577(2010).
- Managing breastfeeding and work: A Foucauldian secondary analysis.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2010; 66: 1810-1818
Pendleton, D. (2015). Making millions from mother’s milk. Business Week, (4447), 29–30.
- Continued barriers for breast-feeding in public and the workplace.Journal of Pediatrics. 2006; 148: 677-679
Supporting Working Moms Act of 2015, H.R. 4113/S. 2321, 114th Cong. (2015).
- Medical student-mothers.Rhode Island Medical Journal. 2013; 96: 42-45
- The business case for breastfeeding, steps for creating a breastfeeding friendly worksite, easy steps to supporting breastfeeding employees.2008 (Available:)http://www.womenshealth.gov/breastfeeding/government-in-action/business-case-for-breastfeeding/easy-steps-to-supporting-breastfeeding-employees.pdf(Accessed: May 18, 2016)
- Surgeon general’s call to action to support breastfeeding.U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Surgeon General, Washington, DC2011
- Reasonable break time for nursing mothers.2010 (Available:)Accessed: May 18, 2016)
Wage and Hour Division, United States Department of Labor (DOL). (nd). Frequently asked questions. Available: www.dol.gov/wecanhelp/faq.htm. Accessed: May 18, 2016.
Funding Statement: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors. The authors have no financial conflicts of interest to disclose.