Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women's Health Issues
- Evaluation of the quality of care in the Clinical Care Centers of the National Centers of Excellence in Women's Health.Women's Health Issues. 2002; 12: 309-326
- Patient satisfaction in women's clinics versus traditional primary care clinics in the Veterans Administration.Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2003; 18: 175-181
- Constructing grounded theory: A practical guide through qualitative analysis.Sage, Los Angeles2006
- Women's health during health care transformation.Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2013; 28: S500-503
Department of Veterans Affairs. (2013). Military sexual trauma. Available at: http://www.ptsd.va.gov/public/pages/military-sexual-trauma-general.asp. Accessed on January 25, 2014.
Department of Veterans Affairs. (2014). Military Sexual Trauma 2014. Available at: http://www.ptsd.va.gov/public/types/violences/military-sexual-trauma-general.asp. Accessed on January 25, 2014.
- Market penetration: Current year users divided by projected living Veteran population that year. VetPOP 2003-2007.U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of Policy and Planning, Washington, DC2008
- Sourcebook: Women Veterans in the Veterans Health Administration. Volume 3. Demographics, utilization, costs of care, and health profile.Women's Health Evaluation Initiative, Women's Health Services, Veterans Health Administration, Washington, DC2014
- The state of women veteran's health research.Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2006; 21: S82-S92
- The burden of illness in the first year home: Do male and female VA users differ in health conditions and healthcare utilization.Womens Health Issues. 2011; 21: 92-97
- Changing the face of health care for women veterans.Federal Practitioner. 2009; 26: 8-10
- Women's experiences of the gynecologic examination: Factors associated with discomfort.Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. 2003; 82: 1030-1036
- Impact of clinician gender on examination anxiety among female Veterans with sexual trauma: a pilot study.Journal of Womens Health. 2007; 16: 1291-1299
- Effects of childhood sexual abuse on gynecologic care as an adult.Psychosomatics. 2007; 48: 385-393
- Trauma-informed care in an integrated world.Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Rockville, MD2012 (Available from:)
- Evolving comprehensive VA women's health care: Patient characteristics, needs, and preferences.Women's Health Issues. 2011; 21: S120-S129
- Teamlet formation and evolution: Early experiences of medical home implementation for Veterans.Journal of Internal Medicine. 2014; 29: 623-631
- The patient-centered medical home in the Veterans Health Administration.American Journal of Managed Care. 2013; 19: e263-272
- Availability of gynecologic services in the Department of Veterans Affairs.Women's Health Issues. 2008; 18: 167-173
- Perceived barriers to care and provider gender preferences among Veteran men who have experienced military sexual trauma: A qualitative analysis.Psychological Services. 2013; 10: 213-222
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. (2013). Neighborhood clinics bring care closer. Retrieved 2014, Jan 23, from http://www.va.gov/health/NewsFeatures/2013/March/Neighborhood-Clinics-Bring-Care-Closer.asp.
U.S. Government Accounting Office. (1999). VA health care for women, progress made in providing services to women veterans. (Publication No. GAO/HEHS-99-38). Retrieved from GAO Reports & Testimonies page at: http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO/HEHS-99-38.
- Women Veteran's perceptions and decision-making about VA health care.Military Medicine. 2007; 172: 812-817
- To use or not to use- what influences why women veterans choose VA healthcare?.Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2006; 21: S11-S18
- Still piecing it together: Women's primary care.Womens Health Issues. 2010; 20: 228-230
- Distress and pain during pelvic examinations.Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2008; 112: 1343-1350
- Using research to transform care for women Veterans: Advancing the research agenda and enhancing research-clinical partnerships.Womens Health Issues. 2011; 21: S73-S83
- Diffusion of innovation in women's health care delivery: The Department of Veterans Affairs' adoption of women's health clinics.Womens Health Issues. 2006; 16: 226-235
The project reported here was supported by the Indiana Institute for Medical Research Young Investigator Award (YIA) funding (Bergman) and the Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Health Services Research and Development (HSR&D) Associated Health Fellowship Program (Bergman). Dr. Yano's effort was supported by a VA HSR&D Senior Research Career Scientist Award (Project # 05–195). Dr. Frankel's efforts were supported by the VA HSR&D Center of Excellence in Implementing Evidence-Based Practice, Indianapolis, Indiana (HFP 04-148). Portions of this article were presented at the Society for General Internal Medicine Annual Conference, April, 2013, in Denver, Colorado. The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Department of Veterans Affairs or the United States Government. There are no financial conflicts of interest involving any of the coauthors.