Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Sexual harassment and PTSD: Is sexual harassment a diagnosable trauma?.Journal of Traumatic Stress. 2002; 15: 69-75
- Relations between the underlying dimensions of PTSD and major depression using an epidemiological survey of deployed Ohio National Guard soldiers.Journal of Affective Disorders. 2013; 144: 106-111https://doi.org/10.1016/j/jad.2013.06.013
- PTSD, life events, and unit cohesion in U.S. soldiers: Baseline findings from the Neurocognition Deployment Health Study.Journal of Traumatic Stress. 2007; 20: 495-503https://doi.org/10.1002/jts.20234
Bumiller, E. & Shanker, T. (2013, January 24). Pentagon is set to lift combat ban for women. Available: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/24/us/pentagon-says-it-is-lifting-ban-on-women-in-combat.html?_r=0.
- PTSD comorbidity and suicidal ideation associated with PTSD within the Ohio Army National Guard.Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 2011; 72: 1072-1078https://doi.org/10.4088/JCP.11m06956
- Participation rates in epidemiologic studies.Annals of Epidemiology. 2007; 17: 643-653https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annepidem.2007.03.013
- Cigarette smoking and subsequent risk of suicidal ideation among National Guard Soldiers.Journal of Affective Disorders. 2012; 145: 111-114https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2012.05.003
- Smoking is a predictor of depression onset among National Guard soldiers.Psychiatry Research. 2013; 206: 321-323https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psychres.2012.11.025
- Potentially modifiable pre-, peri-, and postdeployment characteristics associated with deployment-related posttraumatic stress disorder among Ohio Army National Guard soldiers.Annals of Epidemiology. 2012; 22: 71-78https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annepidem.2011.11.003
- Sexual harassment experiences and harmful alcohol use in a military sample: Differences in gender and the mediating role of depression.Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. 2008; 69: 348-351
- Military morale, welfare, and recreation programs and nonappropriated fund instrumentalities. (Army Regulation 215–1).Department of the Army, Washington, DC2010
- Military sexual trauma in men: A review of reported rates.Journal of Trauma & Dissociation. 2011; 12: 244-260https://doi.org/10.1080/15299732.2011.542612
Jordan, B. (2013, May 17). Obama: Sexual assault threatens national security. Available: http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/05/17/obama-sexual-assault-threatens-national-security.html.
- Manual for the Deployment Risk and Resilience Inventory (DRRI): A collection of measures for studying deployment-related experiences in military veterans.National Center for PTSD, Boston2003
- Deployment Risk and Resilience Inventory: A collection of measures for studying deployment-related experiences of military personnel and veterans.Military Psychology. 2006; 18: 89https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327876mp1802_1
- Combat deployment is associated with sexual harassment or sexual assault in a large, female military cohort.Women's Health Issues. 2013; 23: 215-223https://doi.org/10.1016/j.whi.2013.05.002
- Coincident posttraumatic stress disorder and depression predict alcohol abuse during and after deployment among Army National Guard soldiers.Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2012; 124: 193-199https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2011.12.027
- Posttraumatic stress disorder, depression, and HIV risk behavior Among Ohio Army National Guard soldiers.Journal of Traumatic Stress. 2013; 26: 64-70https://doi.org/10.1002/jts.21777
Mulrine, A. (2013, January 25). Women in combat units: Could it reduce sexual assault in the military? Available: http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/2013/0125/Women-in-combat-units-Could-it-reduce-sexual-assault-in-the-military.
- 2012 Workplace and gender relations survey of reserve component members (Note No.2013-002).Defense Manpower Data Center, Arlington, VA2013
- 2008 Gender relations survey of reserve component members (DMDC Report No. 2008-043).Defense Manpower Data Center, Arlington, VA2009
- Sexual harassment, cohesion, and combat readiness in US Army Support Units.Armed Forces and Society. 1998; 24: 221-244https://doi.org/10.1177/0095327X9702400202
- The impact of race and rank on the sexual harassment of Black and White men in the US military.Psychology of Men and Masculinity. 2012; 13: 256-263https://doi.org/10.1037/a0024606
- Sexual harassment and assault experienced by reservists during military service: Prevalence and health correlates.Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development. 2008; 45: 409-420https://doi.org/10.1682/JRRD.2007.06.0088
Trotter, J. K. (2013, January). Highest-ranking military officer ties combat ban on women to sexual assault. Available: http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/01/highest-ranking-military-officer-says-combat-ban-women-tied-sexual-assault/61386/
- Deployment stressors, gender, and mental health outcomes among Gulf War I veterans.Journal of Traumatic Stress. 2005; 18: 115-127https://doi.org/10.1002/jts.20018
- Sexual violence and mental health symptoms among National Guard and Reserve soldiers.Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2014; 29: 104-109
- Sexual harassment and assault as predictors of PTSD symptomatology among US female Persian Gulf War military personnel.Journal of Interpersonal Violence. 1998; 13: 40-57https://doi.org/10.1177/088626098013001003
The authors acknowledge the following funding sources: T32DA031099, W81XWH-07-1-0409, MH082729, W81XWH-08-2-0204. The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare. The first author had full access to all the data in the study and takes responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis.