Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women's Health Issues
- Standards of medical care in diabetes-2012.Diabetes Care. 2010; 35: s11-s63
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus after gestational diabetes: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet. 2009; 373: 1773-1779
- Barriers to and facilitators of postpartum follow-up care in women with recent gestational diabetes mellitus: A qualitative study.Journal of Women's Health. 2011; 20: 239-245
- Gestational diabetes mellitus: Postpartum opportunities for the of type 2 diabetes mellitus.Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2008; 4: 552-558
- Postpartum testing rates among women with a history of gestational diabetes: Systematic review.Primary Care Diabetes. 2013; 7: 177-186
- Pregnancy outcomes in women with gestational diabetes compared with the general obstetric population.Obstetrics & Gynecology. 1997; 90: 869-873
- Do postal reminders increase postpartum screening of diabetes mellitus in women with gestational diabetes mellitus? A randomized clinical trial.American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2009; 200 (634): e631-e637
- Detection of postnatal depression. Development of the 10-item Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale.British Journal of Psychiatry. 1987; 150: 782-786
- Prediction of postpartum diabetes in women with gestational diabetes mellitus.Diabetologia. 2010; 53: 452-457
- Trend in postpartum diabetes screening and subsequent diabetes and impaired fasting glucose among women with histories of gestational diabetes mellitus.Diabetes Care. 2009; 32: 2269-2274
- Postpartum screening for diabetes among Medicaid-eligible South Carolina women with gestational diabetes.Women's Health Issues. 2012; 22: e163-e169
- Window of opportunity: Postpartum screening of women with gestational diabetes for early detection of prediabetes and type 2 diabetes.Open Diabetes Journal. 2012; 5: 25-28
- Physician care patterns and adherence to postpartum glucose testing after gestational diabetes mellitus in Oregon.PLOS One. 2012; 7: e47052
- Gestational diabetes mellitus outcome in 394 patients.Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada. 2006; 2: 122-127
- Screening for type 2 diabetes after gestational diabetes.Canadian Family Physician. 2010; 56: 558-563
Michigan Diabetes Research and Training Center. (2014). Risk Perception Survey for Developing Diabetes (RPS-DD), adapted for women with histories of gestational diabetes. Available at: http://www.med.umich.edu/mdrtc/profs/survey.html.
- Diabetes Prevention Program Research Group. Prevention of diabetes in women with a history of gestational diabetes: effects of metformin and lifestyle interventions.Journal of Clinical Endocrinology Metabolism. 2008; 93: 4774-4779
- Sex-specific associations of gestational glucose tolerance with childhood body composition.Diabetes Care. 2013; 36: 3045-3053
- The effectiveness of implementing a reminder system into routine clinical practice: Does it increase postpartum screening in women with gestational diabetes?.Chronic Disease in Canada. 2011; 331: 58-62
U.S. Census. (2012). State and county quick facts. Available at: http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html.
- A system-based intervention to improve postpartum diabetes screening among women with gestational diabetes.American Journal of Obstetric Gynecology. 2012; 207: 283.e1-283.e6
The authors are grateful for the financial support from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases under contract number GS10F0381, purchase number HHSN276201000389U. We would like to acknowledge Sheryl Rifas-Shiman, MPH (Senior Research Analyst, Obesity Prevention Program, Department of Population Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute), for analyzing the diabetes testing and survey data, and Karen McCowen, MD (Assistant Professor, Endocrinologist, Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates and Harvard Medical School during the study), for serving as the HVMA liaison to the study and assisting with verification of the diabetes testing data. The authors declare that they have no competing interests. Kathryn Paez, the corresponding author of this manuscript, had full access to all the data in the study and takes responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis.