Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women's Health Issues
- Mothers' timing of return to work by leave use and pre-birth job characteristics.Journal of Family Studies. 2009; 15: 153-166
- Predictors of postpartum depression: An update.Nursing Research. 2001; 50: 275-285
- Postpartum Depression Screening Scale: Development and psychometric testing.Nursing Research. 2000; 49: 272-282
- Further validation of the Postpartum Depression Screening Scale.Nursing Research. 2001; 50: 155-164
- Postpartum Depression Screening Scale (PDSS) Manual.Western Psychological Services, Los Angeles2002
- A treatise on the family.Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA1991
- The economics of women, men and work.4th ed. Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ2002
- An approach to the postpartum office visit.American Family Physician. 2005; 72: 2491-2496
- Extending contraceptive coverage under the Affordable Care ACT saves public funds.Contraception. 2013; 87: 143-148
- Does the length of maternity leave affect maternal health?.Southern Economic Journal. 2005; 72: 16-41
- The role of planning, support, and maternal and infant factors in women's return to work after maternity leave.Family Matters. 2012; 90: 33-44
- Maternal desire: On children, love, and the inner life.Little, Brown, New York2004
- Listening to mothers II: Report of the second national US survey of women's childbearing experiences.Childbirth Connection, New York2006 (Available)
- Conflict and compromise: How congress makes the law.Simon and Schuster, New York1995
Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993. Public Law 103-3, 107 Stat. 6 (1993).
- Unintended pregnancy in the United States: Incidence and disparities.Contraception. 2011; 84: 478-485
- Assessing the optimal length of parental leave for child and parental well-being: How can research inform policy?.Journal of Family Issues. 2005; 26: 219-246
- The relationship of women's postpartum mental health to employment, childbirth, and social support.Journal of Family Practice. 1994; 38: 465-472
- Lifestyle preferences as determinants of women's differentiated labor market careers.Work and Occupations. 2002; 29: 428-459
- Parental leave policies and parents' employment and leave-taking.Journal of Policy Analysis and Management. 2009; 26: 29-54
- The timing of mothers' employment after childbirth.Monthly Labor Review. 2008; 131: 15-27
- Screening for depression in the postpartum period: A comparison of three instruments.Journal of Women's Health. 2008; 17: 585-596
- Parental leave statutes and maternal return to work after childbirth in the United States.Work and Occupations. 2006; 33: 73-105
- The role of planning and workplace support in returning to work after maternity leave.British Journal of Industrial Relations. 2003; 41: 197-214
- Maternity leave and women's mental health.Psychology of Women Quarterly. 1995; 19: 257-285
- Maternity leave, role quality, work involvement, and maternal health one year after delivery.Psychology of Women Quarterly. 1998; 22: 239-266
- Job continuity among new mothers.Demography. 1999; 36: 145-155
- Maternity leave and employment patterns: 1961-2008 (p. 14).U.S. Census Bureau, Washington, DC2011
- Women, work, and wellbeing: The importance of work conditions.Journal of Health and Social Behavior. 1994; 35: 235-247
- Work and pregnancy: Individual and organizational commitment, timing of maternity leave, and return to work.Sex Roles. 1999; 41: 485-508
- The determinants of time off work after childbirth.Journal of Health Politics, Policy & Law. 2000; 25: 527-564
National Partnership for Women and Families (2014). The Family and Medical Insurance leave Act (the Family Act). Washington, DC. Available: http://www.nationalpartnership.org/research-library/work-family/paid-leave/family-act-fact-sheet.pdf. Accessed January 15, 2014.
- Rates and risk of postpartum depression: A meta-analysis.International Review of Psychiatry. 1996; 8: 37-54
- Screening for depression in adults: A summary of the evidence for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.Annals of Internal Medicine. 2002; 136: 765-776
- The measurement and meaning of unintended pregnancy.Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health. 2003; 35: 94-101
- Cost of lost productive work time among US workers with depression.Journal of the American Medical Association. 2003; 289: 3135-3144
- Correcting data from online surveys for the effects of nonrandom selection and nonrandom assignment.Harris Interactive White Paper. 2000; : 1-13
- Cost effectiveness of contraceptives in the United States.Contraception. 2009; 79: 5-14
- Employment Characteristics of Families 2010.Author, Washington, DC2012 (Available)
- Break time for nursing mothers.Author, Washington, DC2013 (Available)
- Guide to clinical preventive services.2nd ed. International Medical Publishing, Alexandria, VA1996
WoRLD Legal Rights Data Center. Montreal (Canada): Raising the global floor. Available: http://raisingtheglobalfloor.org/. Accessed October 22, 2013.
Supported by the University of Maryland ADVANCE Program Interdisciplinary and Engaged Research Seed Grant program and the National Science Foundation under Grant No. (HRD1008117). Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation or the University of Maryland ADVANCE Program.