Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women's Health Issues
- The effect of social desirability and social approval on self-reports of physical activity.American Journal of Epidemiology. 2005; 161: 389-398
- Compendium of physical activities: Second update of code and MET values.Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. 2011; 43: 1575-1581
- Barriers to physical activity in the Hispanic community.Journal of Public Health Policy. 2008; 24: 41-58
Arizona Department of Health Services. (2010). 2002 behavioral risk factors of Arizona adults. Retrieved from http://www.azdhs.gov.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2009). Prevalence of physical activity, including lifestyle activities among adults. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/DataStatistics.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2010a). Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Survey Questionnaire (BRFSS). Retrieved from: http://www.cdc.gov/brfss/.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2010b). US physical activity statistics, state comparison by demographics. Retrieved from: http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/PASurveillance/DemoCompareResultV.asp?Year=2007&State=0&Cat=3,4&CI=#result.
- Acculturation and leisure-time physical inactivity in Mexican-American adults: Results from NHANES III, 1988-1994.American Journal of Public Health. 2001; 91: 1254-1257
- Educational differences in leisure-time physical inactivity: A descriptive and explanatory study.Social Science and Medicine. 1998; 47: 1665-1676
- Acculturation and assimilation among Mexican Americans: Scales and population-based data.Social Science Quarterly. 1988; 69: 687-709
- Differences in leisure-time, household and work-related physical activity by race, ethnicity and education.Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2004; 20: 259-266
- Perceived benefits and barriers to physical activity among older Latina women.Western Journal of Nursing Research. 2002; 24: 868-886
- Factors related to physical activity in Hispanic women.Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing. 2006; 21: 142-145
- Latina recruitment for cancer prevention education via community based participatory research strategies.Contemporary Clinical Trials. 2009; 30: 47-54
- A cancer screening intervention for underserved Latina women by lay educators.Journal of Women's Health. 2012; 12: 1-10
- Social cognitive correlates of leisure time physical activity among Latinos.Journal of Behavioral Medicine. 2006; 29: 281-289
- Active or sedentary? Objectively measured physical activity of Latinos and implications for intervention.Journal of Physical Activity and Health. 2008; 5: 559-570
- Leisure time and occupational physical activity among racial or ethnic minorities.Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. 2010; 42: 1086-1093
- Perceptions of exercise among older Latino adults.Journal of Gerontological Nursing. 2001; 27: 38-45
- Correction: Actual causes of death in the United States.Journal of the American Medical Association. 2005; 293: 293-294
- Actual causes of death in the United States.Journal of the American Medical Association. 2004; 291: 1238-1245
- Retrieved from) (
- Domain-specific physical activity and self-report bias among low-income Latinas living in San Diego county.Journal of Physical Activity and Health. 2011; 8: 881-890
- Physical activity and public health. A recommendation from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention and the American College of Sports Medicine.Journal of the American Medical Association. 2005; 273: 402
- Physical Activity Guidelines Advisory committee report, 2008.U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC2008
Pucher, J. & Renne, J.L. (2003) Socioeconomics of urban travel: evidence from the 2001 NHTS. Transportation Quarterly, 57(3), 49-77.
- Provider counseling, health education, and community health workers: the Arizona WISEWOMAN project.Journal of Women's Health. 2004; 13: 547-556
- Assessing physical activity among minority women: Focus group results.Womens Health Issues. 1999; 9: 135-142
United States Census Bureau. US Hispanic Population: 2000. Retrieved from: www.census.gov/population/socdemo/Hispanic/2000.html.
- Personal, social, and physical environmental correlates of physical activity levels in urban Latinas.American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2003; 25: 61-68