Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women's Health Issues
- Cancer facts & figures 2013.American Cancer Society, Atlanta2013 (Available at:)http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/content/@epidemiologysurveilance/documents/document/acspc-037114.pdf
- Prospective breast cancer risk prediction model for women undergoing screening mammography.Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2006; 98: 1204-1214
- Breast tissue composition and susceptibility to breast cancer.Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2010; 102: 1224-1237
Breast Cancer Surveillance Consortium (BCSC). (2013). Breast Cancer Surveillance Consortium risk calculator. Available at: https://tools.bcsc-scc.org/BC5yearRisk/.
- Breast density legislation fueling controversy.Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2013; 105: 510-511
- Predicting risk of breast cancer in postmenopausal women by hormone receptor status.Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2007; 99: 1695-1705
- Projecting absolute invasive breast cancer risk in white women with a model that includes mammographic density.Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2006; 98: 1215-1226
- Re: Breast tissue composition and susceptibility to breast cancer.Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2011; 103: 77-78
- Validation studies for models projecting the risk of invasive and total breast cancer incidence.Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 1999; 91: 1541-1548
- Prevention of breast cancer in postmenopausal women: Approaches to estimating and reducing risk.Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2009; 101: 384-398
- Knowledge and accuracy of perceived personal risk in underserved women who are at increased risk for breast cancer.Journal of Cancer Education. 2010; 25: 617-623
- Should women be informed of breast density?.Journal of the American College of Radiology. 2013; 10: 9-10
- Projecting individualized probabilities of developing breast cancer for white females who are being examined annually.Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 1989; 81: 1879-1886
- Projecting individualized absolute invasive breast cancer risk in African American women.Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2007; 99: 1782-1792
- Misclassification of race/ethnicity in a population-based cancer registry.Cancer Causes and Control. 2006; 17: 771-781
- Long-term psychosocial outcomes of BRCA1/BRCA2 testing: Differences across affected status and risk-reducing surgery choice.Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention. 2012; 21: 445-455
- Breast density legislation.Radiology. 2013; 266: 997-998
- Adequacy of communicating results from screening mammograms to African American and White women.American Journal of Public Health. 2007; 97: 531-538
- Breast density legislation and opportunities for patient-centered outcomes research.Radiology. 2012; 264: 632-636
- Race/ethnicity in medical charts and administrative databases of patients served by community health centers.Ethnicity and Disease. 2006; 16: 483-487
- Knowledge of breast density and awareness of related breast cancer risk.Journal of Cancer Education. 2013; 28: 270-274
- Breast density and parenchymal patterns as markers of breast cancer risk: A meta-analysis.Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention. 2006; 15: 1159-1169
National Cancer Institute. (2011). Breast cancer risk assessment tool. Available at: http://www.cancer.gov/bcrisktool/.
National Cancer Institute. (2012). NCI dictionary of cancer terms. “Breast density.” Available at: http://www.cancer.gov/dictionary?cdrid=335487.
National Comprehensive Cancer Network. (2013). NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology. Breast cancer risk reduction. version 1.2013. Available at: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/breast_risk.pdf.
- Age- and race-dependence of the fibroglandular breast density analyzed on 3D MRI.Medical Physics. 2010; 37: 2770-2776
- Perceived risk for breast cancer and its relationship to mammography in Blacks, Hispanics and Whites.Journal of Behavioral Medicine. 2013; 36: 466-476
- Racial differences in knowledge, attitudes and cancer screening practices among a triracial rural population.Cancer. 2004; 101: 2650-2659
- Factors influencing time to diagnosis after abnormal mammography in diverse women.Journal of Women's Health. 2013; 22: 159-166
- The California Breast Density Information Group: A collaborative response to the issues of breast density, breast cancer risk, and breast density notification legislation.Radiology. 2013; 269: 887-892
- American Cancer Society guidelines for breast screening with MRI as an adjunct to mammography.CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians. 2007; 57: 75-89
- Long-term outcomes of BRCA1/BRCA2 testing: Risk reduction and surveillance.Cancer. 2012; 118: 510-517
- Knowledge and prevention practices before breast cancer diagnosis in a cross-sectional study among survivors: Impact on Patients’ Involvement in the decision making process.Journal of Cancer Education. 2013; (Sept 11 [Epub ahead of print])
- Endogenous hormone levels, mammographic density, and subsequent risk of breast cancer in postmenopausal women.Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2007; 99: 1178-1187
- Using clinical factors and mammographic breast density to estimate breast cancer risk: Development and validation of a new predictive model.Annals of Internal Medicine. 2008; 148: 337-347
- Chemoprevention of breast cancer: recommendations and rationale.Annals of Internal Medicine. 2002; 137: 56-58
- Screening for breast cancer: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement.Annals of Internal Medicine. 2009; 151: 716-726
- Mammographic density, breast cancer risk and risk prediction.Breast Cancer Research. 2007; 9: 217
- Mammographic breast density and risk of breast cancer: masking bias or causality?.European Journal of Epidemiology. 1998; 14: 315-320
- Use of pharmacologic interventions for breast cancer risk reduction: American Society of Clinical Oncology Clinical Practice Guideline.Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2013; 31: 2942-2962
Vozzella, L. (2012, February 13). Breast-density bill to become law in Virginia. The Washington Post. Available at: http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-02-13/local/35442095_1_dense-breast-tissue-information-about-breast-density-breast-cancer.
- Race and ethnicity: Comparing medical records to self-reports.Journal of the National Cancer Institute Monograph. 2005; 35: 72-74
Funding Disclosure: This study was supported by a grant from the Prevent Cancer Foundation. Manuscript preparation was supported, in part, by MRSG-10-110-01-CPPB (SCO). The project was supported, in part, by Award Number P30CA051008 from the National Cancer Institute. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Cancer Institute or the National Institutes of Health.