Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women's Health Issues
- ACOG practice bulletin. Clinical management guidelines of obstetricians-gynecologists. Number 67, October 2005. Medical management of abortion.Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2005; 106: 871-882
Congressional Budget Office (CBO). (2010). Selected CBO publications related to health care legislation, 2009-2010 [Internet]. Washington, DC. Available from: http://www.cbo.gov/publication/21993. Accessed June 17, 2013.
- Out of time and out of pocket: Experiences of women seeking state-subsidized insurance for abortion care in Massachusetts.Womens Health Issues. 2011; 21: S21-S25
- Citro C.F. Michael R.T. Measuring poverty: A new approach. National Academy Press, Washington, DC1995
- Insurance coverage of abortion: The battle to date and the battle to come.Guttmacher Policy Review. 2010; 13
- A mystery caller evaluation of Medicaid staff responses about state coverage of abortion care.Womens Health Issues. 2012; 22: e143-e148
- Abortion providers' experiences with Medicaid abortion coverage policies: A qualitative multistate Study.Health Services Research. 2013; 48: 236-252
- Strategies for securing funding for abortion under the Hyde Amendment: A multistate study of abortion providers' experiences managing Medicaid.American Journal of Public Health. 2011; 101: 2124-2129
- Risk factors associated with presenting for abortion in the second trimester.Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2006; 107: 128-135
- Timing of steps and reasons for delays in obtaining abortions in the United States.Contraception. 2006; 74: 334-344
- Patient education and emotional support practices in abortion care facilities in the United States.Womens Health Issues. 2012; 22: e359-e364
Guttmacher Institute. (2012, January 1). State policies in brief: An overview of abortion laws. Available from: http://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/spibs/spib_OAL.pdf.
Guttmacher Institute. (2013a). State policies in brief: Restricting insurance coverage of abortion. Available from: https://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/spibs/spib_RICA.pdf. Accessed April 12, 2013.
Guttmacher Institute. (2013b). State policies in brief: State funding of abortion under Medicaid. Available from: https://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/spibs/spib_SFAM.pdf. Accessed April 12, 2013.
- The Medicaid cutoff and abortion services for the poor.Family Planning Perspectives. 1984; 16 (177–180): 171-172
- Health insurance and access to health care in the United States.Annals of the NY Academy of Science. 2008; 1136: 149-160
- Who has second-trimester abortions in the United States?.Contraception. 2012; 85: 544-551
Jones, R. K., Finer, L. B., & Singh, S. (2010). Characteristics of U.S. abortion patients. Available from: http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/US-Abortion-Patients.pdf. Accessed June 20, 2013.
- Changes in abortion rates between 2000 and 2008 and lifetime incidence of abortion.Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2011; 117: 1358-1366
- Abortion incidence and access to services in the United States, 2008.Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health. 2011; 43: 41-50
- At what cost? Payment for abortion care by U.S. women.Womens Health Issues. 2013; 23: e173-e178
- Medicaid funding for abortion: Providers' experiences with cases involving rape, incest and life endangerment.Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health. 2010; 42: 79-86
Kaiser Family Foundation. (2013). Health insurance coverage of women, state estimates, 2011-2012. Available from: http://kff.org/uninsured/fact-sheet/health-insurance-coverage-of-women-state-estimates/. Accessed November 13, 2013.
Missouri Foundation for Health. (2007) Missouri Medicaid basics. Winter 2007. Available from: http://mffh.org/mm/files/medicaidbasics07.pdf. Accessed May 7, 2012.
National Network of Abortion Funds. (2012). Can Medicaid cover my abortion? Available from: http://www.fundabortionnow.org/get-help/medicaid. Accessed April 27, 2012.
Oklahoma Health Care Authority. (2012). SoonerCare and Insure Oklahoma Income Guidelines. Available from: http://www.okhca.org/individuals.aspx?id=10328. Accessed May 7, 2012.
Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare. (2012). Income and resource requirements for Healthy Beginnings, Pennsylvania. Available from: http://www.dpw.state.pa.us/foradults/healthcaremedicalassistance/incomeandresourcerequirementsforhealthybeginnings/index.htm. Accessed May 7, 2012.
- Abortion surveillance–United States, 2009.MMWR. 2012; 61: 1-44
- Bringing evidence to the debate on abortion coverage in health reform legislation: Findings from a national survey in the United States.Contraception. 2010; 82: 129-130
- State Medicaid coverage of perinatal services: Summary of state survey findings.Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, Oakland, CA2009
- Alcohol, tobacco and drug use as reasons for abortion.Alcohol and Alcoholism. 2012; 47: 640-648
- Women's emotional responses to unintended pregnancy, abortion and being denied an abortion in the United States.Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health. 2013; 45: 122-131
- The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Implications for public health policy and practice.Public Health Reports. 2011; 126: 130-135
- Abortion coverage and health reform: Restrictions and options for exchange-based insurance markets.University of Pennsylvania Journal of Law and Social Change. 2011; 15: 323
- Health care insurance, financial concerns in accessing care, and delays to hospital presentation in acute myocardial infarction.JAMA. 2010; 303: 1392-1400
- Abortion funding: A matter of justice. Report.The National Network of Abortion Funds, Boston2005
- Denial of abortion due to provider gestational age limits in the United States.American Journal of Public Health. 2013; (Epub ahead of print.)
- Patient costs for medication abortion: Results from a study of five clinical practices.Womens Health Issues. 2006; 16: 4-13