Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women's Health Issues
- Screening for depression in well older adults: Evaluation of a short form of the CES-D (Center for Epidemiologic Studies Depression Scale).American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 1994; 10: 77-84
- Australian Standard Geographical Classification.Author, Canberra2001
- ASGC Remoteness Classification: Purpose and Use.Author, Canberra2003
Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing. (2011). Cancer screening. Retrieved November 16, 2011, from: http://www.cancerscreening.gov.au/.
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. (2010). BreastScreen Australia Program. Retrieved November 16, 2011, from: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/screening/publishing.nsf/Content/breastscreen-about.
- BreastScreen Australia monitoring report 2009-2010.Australian Institute of Health and Welfare and Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing for BreastScreen Australia, Canberra2011
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. (2011b). Rural health. Retrieved January 21, 2012, from: http://www.aihw.gov.au/rural-health/.
- Access economics: An analysis of the widening gap between community need and the availability of GP services.Access Economics, Canberra2002
- The breast cancer experience of rural women: a literature review.Psycho-Oncology. 2007; 16: 875-887
BreastScreen Australia. (2011). BreastScreen Australia program. Retrieved January 10, 2012, from: http://www.cancerscreening.gov.au/internet/screening/publishing.nsf/Content/breastscreen-about.
- Women's Health Australia: On the progress of the main cohort studies.Journal of Womens Health and Gender Based Medicine. 1999; 8: 681-688
- Breast cancer screening attitudes and behaviors of rural and urban women.Preventive Medicine. 1992; 21: 405-418
- Handbook of statistical modelling for the social and behavioural sciences.Plenum Press, New York1995
- The contribution of emotional characteristics to breast cancer screening among women from six ethnic groups.Preventive Medicine. 2004; 38: 64-77
- Breast and cervical carcinoma screening practices among women in rural and nonrural areas of the United States, 1998-1999.Cancer. 2002; 94: 2801-2812
- Bias associated with self-report of prior screening mammography.Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers, and Prevention. 2009; 18: 1699-1705
- Urban-rural differences in breast cancer incidence by hormone receptor status across 6 years in Egypt.Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. 2010; 120: 149-160
- Trends in cervical and breast cancer screening practices among women in rural and urban areas of the United States.Journal of Public Health Management and Practice. 2009; 15: 200-209
- The evidence base for breast cancer screening.Preventive Medicine. 2011; 53: 100-102
- Screening for breast cancer with mammography.Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2011; : CD001877
- The influence of socio-economic and locational disadvantage on survival after a diagnosis of lung or breast cancer in Western Australia.Journal of Health Services Research and Policy. 2004; 9: 10-16
- Breast cancer screening for women ages 50 to 69 years a systematic review of observational evidence.Preventive Medicine. 2011; 53: 108-114
- Rural-urban differences in breast cancer screening among African American women.Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. 2005; 16: 1-10
- African-American caregivers' breast health behavior.Health Education Research. 2009; 24: 735-747
- Impact of geography on mammography use in California.Cancer Causes and Control. 2009; 20: 1339-1353
- Comparisons of Colorado women's cancer screening practices by residence: metropolitan, non-metropolitan, and farm.Journal of Agricultural Safety and Health. 2006; 12: 59-69
- Regular self-examination or clinical examination for early detection of breast cancer.Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2003; : CD003373
- Breast cancer survival gap between urban and rural female population in Podlaskie Voivodship, Poland, in 2001-2002. Population study.Annals of Agricultural and Environmental Medicine. 2010; 17: 277-282
- Preventive health examinations: A comparison along the rural-urban continuum.Womens Health Issues. 2006; 16: 80-88
- Cohort profile: The Australian Longitudinal Study on Women's Health.International Journal of Epidemiology. 2005; 34: 987-991
- Predictors of mammography use among Canadian women aged 50-69: Findings from the 1996/97 National Population Health Survey.CMAJ. 2001; 164: 329-334
- Determinants of mammography use in rural and urban regions of Canada.Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine. 2010; 15: 52-60
- Psychosocial factors associated with the use of breast cancer screening by women age 60 years or over.Health Education and Behavior. 1999; 26: 625-647
- Urban-rural differences in gynaecological cancer occurrence in a central region of Italy: 1978-1982 and 1998-2002.European Journal of Gynaecologic Oncology. 2007; 28: 468-472
- Rural-urban differences in the presentation, management and survival of breast cancer in Western Australia.Breast. 2006; 15: 769-776
National Breast Cancer Foundation. (2012). Clinical breast exam. Retrieved December 11, 2012, from: http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/clinical-breast-exam.
- Prognosis, treatment, and recurrence of breast cancer for women attending or not attending the Screening Mammography Program of British Columbia.Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. 1999; 54: 73-81
- Sociodemographic gradients in breast and cervical cancer screening in Korea: the Korean National Cancer Screening Survey (KNCSS) 2005-2009.BMC Cancer. 2011; 11: 257
- Breast, colon, and prostate screening in the adult population of Croatia: does rural origin matter?.Rural and Remote Health. 2007; 7: 749
- Breast screening and breast cancer survival in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women of Australia.Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention. 2012; 13: 147-155
- Effect of start age of breast cancer screening mammography on the risk of false-positive results.Preventive Medicine. 2011; 53: 76-81
- Breast and cervical carcinoma - The correlation of activity limitations and rurality with screening, disease incidence, and mortality.Cancer. 1999; 86: 1087-1094
- Sociodemographic variations in breast cancer screening behavior among Australian women: Results from the 1995 National Health Survey.Preventive Medicine. 2002; 35: 174-180
- American Cancer Society guidelines for the early detection of cancer, 2006.CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians. 2006; 56: 11-25
- Urban-rural differences in a population-based breast cancer screening program in Croatia.Croatian Medical Journal. 2011; 52: 76-86
U.S. Preventive Service Task Force. (2009). Screening for Breast Cancer. Available from: http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/uspstf/uspsbrca.htm.
- Cancer and cancer risk in South Australia: what evidence for a rural-urban health differential?.Australian Journal of Rural Health. 2004; 12: 61-66
World Health Organization. (2012). Screening and early detection of cancer. Retrieved January 20, 2012, from: http://www.who.int/cancer/detection/en/.