Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women's Health Issues
- Abortion and options counseling: A comprehensive reference.Hope Clinic for Women, Granite City, IL1995
- Informed consent, patient education, and counseling management of unintended and abnormal pregnancy (pp. 48–62).Blackwell Publishing Ltd, Hoboken, NJ2009
Berg, J. W., Appelbaum, P. S., Lidz C. W, & Parker, L. S. (2001). Informed consent: Legal theory and clinical practice. 2nd ed.
- Counseling for medical abortion.American Journal of Obstetrics and gynecology. 2000; 183 ([Review]): S26-S33
- Is counselling necessary? Making the decision to have an abortion. A qualitative interview study.European Journal of Contraception & Reproductive Health Care. 2013; 18: 44-48
- Mental models of attachment and coping with abortion.Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. 1998; 74: 453-467
- QIC program and model selection in GEE analyses.Stata Journal. 2007; 7: 209-220
Dobkin, L., Gould, H., Barar, R., Ferrari, M., Weiss, E., Stonesifer, S., et al. (Under review). Implementing a prospective study of women seeking abortion in the United States: The challenges of recruitment prior to informed consent. Oakland: Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health.
- The abortion counseling experience: A discussion of patient narratives and recommendations for best practices.Best Practices in Mental Health. 2007; 3: 62-74
- Reasons US Women Have Abortions: Quantitative and Qualitative Perspectives.Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health. 2005; 37: 110-118
- All that's old is new again: The long campaign to persuade women to forego abortion.Guttmacher Policy Review. 2009; 12 (Retrieved from)
- State abortion counseling policies and the fundamental principles of informed consent.Guttmacher Policy Review. 2007; 10 (Retrieved from)
- Patient education and emotional support practices in abortion care facilities in the United States.Women's Health Issues. 2012; 22: 359-364
Guttmacher Institute. (2012a). State Policies in Brief: Counseling and Waiting Periods for Abortion.
Guttmacher Institute. (2012b). State policies in brief: Requirements for ultrasound. Retrieved from http://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/spibs/spib_RFU.pdf.
- Young women's experiences of arranging and having abortions.Sociology of Health and Illness. 1999; 21: 426-444
- Supportive counseling before and after elective pregnancy termination.Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health. 2004; 49: 105-112
- An evaluation of the counselling given to patients having a therapeutic abortion.Australian & New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 1979; 19: 169-173
- The politicization of abortion and the evolution of abortion counseling.American Journal of Public Health. 2013; 103: 57-65
Johnston, M. (2006). Pregnancy options workbook: A resource for women making a difficult decision. Retrieved from http://www.pregnancyoptions.info.
Johnston, M. (2008). A guide to emotional and spiritual resolution after an abortion. Retrieved from http://www.pregnancyoptions.info.
- The impact of state mandatory counseling and waiting period laws on abortion: A literature review.Guttmacher Institute, New York2009
- Decision making and referral prior to abortion: a qualitative study of women's experiences.Journal of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care. 2004; 30: 51-54
- Pregnancy counselling in Britain: A review of the literature.Pro-Choice Forum, 2011
- Psychosocial predictors of adjustment to abortion.Journal of Social Issues. 1992; 48: 121-142
- Personal resilience, cognitive appraisals, and coping: an integrative model of adjustment to abortion.Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. 1998; 74: 735-752
- What women want from abortion counseling in the United States: A qualitative study of abortion patients in 2008.Social Work in Health Care. 2011; 50: 424-442
- Self-blame, self-efficacy, and adjustment to abortion.Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. 1989; 57: 1059-1068
- Decision assessment and counseling in abortion Care: Philosophy and practice.Rowman & Littlefield, New York2012
- From the patient's perspective: Quality of abortion care.Henry J Kaiser Family Foundation, Menlo Park, CA1999
- Accessibility and availability of abortion in six European countries.European Journal of Contraception & Reproductive Health Care. 2005; 10: 51-58
- Misinformed consent: The medical accuracy of state-developed abortion counseling materials.Guttmacher Policy Review. 2006; 9: 6-11
- The decision to opt for abortion.Journal of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care. 2008; 34: 175-180
- Informed consent laws: Protecting a woman's right to know defending life 2012: A state-by-state legal guide to abortion, bioethics and the end of life (pp. 139–146).Americans United for Life, 2012
- Women and abortion: The past reaches into the present.Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2006; 54: 683-690
- Informing abortion counseling: An examination of evidence-based practices used in emotional care for other stigmatized and sensitive health issues.Patient Education and Counseling. 2010; 81: 415-421
- The silent consumer: Women's reports and ratings of abortion services.Medical Care. 2001; 39: 50-60