- Continuity in provider and site of care and preventive services receipt in an adult Medicaid population with physical disabilities.Disability and Health Journal. 2009; 2: 180-187
- Disability and health in the United States, 2001–2005. DHHS publication no. (PHS) 2008–1035).National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD2008
- Scoping studies: Towards a methodological framework.International Journal of Social Research Methodology. 2005; 8: 19-32
- A profile of state-level differences in the oral health of people with and without disabilities, in the U.S., in 2004.Public Health Reports. 2008; 123: 67-75
- Understanding barriers to participation in mammography by women with disabilities.American Journal of Health Promotion. 2008; 22: 381-385
- Medicaid managed care and health care access for adult beneficiaries with disabilities.Health Services Research. 2009; 44 (Retrieved from): 1521-1541
- Receipt of clinical preventive medical services among psychiatric patients.Psychiatric Services. 2002; 53: 1028-1030
- Mobility impairments and use of preventive services in women with multiple sclerosis: Observational study.BMJ. 2001; 323: 968-969
- Health, preventive health care, and health care access among women with disabilities in the 1994-1995 National Health Interview Survey, Supplement on Disability.Womens Health Issues. 2006; 16: 297-312
- Health care access, use, and satisfaction among disabled Medicaid beneficiaries.Health Care Financing Review. 2002; 24: 115-136
- Factors associated with self-reported mammography use for women with and women without a disability.Journal of Women's Health. 2011; 20: 1279-1286
- Receipt of preventive medical services at psychiatric visits by patients with severe mental illness.Psychiatric Services. 2002; 53: 884-887
- Relationships between level of disability and receipt of preventive health services.Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2004; 85: 749-757
- Medical comorbidity and receipt of medical care by older homeless people with schizophrenia or depression.Psychiatric Services. 2002; 53: 1456-1460
- Health disparities among adults with developmental disabilities, adults with other disabilities, and adults not reporting disability in North Carolina.Public Health Reports. 2004; 119: 418-426
- Higgins J.P.T. Green S. Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, West Sussex, England2008
- Use of screening and preventive services among women with disabilities.American Journal of Medical Quality. 2001; 16: 135-144
- Mobility impairments and use of screening and preventive services.American Journal of Public Health. 2000; 90: 955-961
- Use of primary prevention services among male adults with cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, or spinal cord injury in managed care and fee-for-service.Managed Care Quarterly. 2004; 12: 6-10
- Measuring disability and monitoring the UN convention on the rights of persons with disabilities: The work of the Washington Group on Disability Statistics.BMC Public Health. 2011; 11: S4
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: The PRISMA statement.PLoS Medicine. 2009; 6: 1-6
- Frequency of HIV testing among persons with disabilities: Results from the national health interview survey, 2002.AIDS Education and Prevention. 2007; 19: 545-554
- Use of cervical and breast cancer screening among women with and without functional limitations: United States, 1994-1995.MMWR - Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report. 1998; 47: 853-856
Peterson, J. J., Walsh, E. S., Drum, C. E., & The Expert Panel on Health and Health Care Disparities among Individuals with Disabilities. (Submitted). Disparities in the utilization of clinical preventive services among subgroups of the population with disabilities: A systematic scoping review. American Journal of Preventive Medicine.
- Systematic reviews in the social sciences: A practical guide.Blackwell, Malden, MA2006
- Modern epidemiology.3rd ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia2008
- Use of general medical services among Medicaid patients with severe and persistent mental illness.Psychiatric Services. 2005; 56: 458-462
- Trends in colorectal cancer test use in the Medicare population, 1998-2005.American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2009; 37: 1-7
- Multi-level barriers to obtaining mammograms for women with mobility limitations: post workshop evaluation.American Journal of Health Behavior. 2013; 37: 711-718
- Healthy people 2010.U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC2000
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (n.d.a). Affordable Care Act for Americans With Disabilities. Retrieved August 15, 2012, from http://www.hhs.gov/od/affordable_care_act.html.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (n.d.b). People With Disabilities and the Affordable Care Act: Fact sheets. Retrieved August 15, 2012, from http://www.healthcare.gov/news/factsheets/2011/08/people-with-disabilities.html.
- Healthy people 2020.(ODPHP Publication No. B0132) U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD2010
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Minority Health. (2011). Final data collection standards for race, ethnicity, primary language, sex, and disability status required by section 4302 of the affordable care act. Retrieved September 5, 2012, from http://minorityhealth.hhs.gov/templates/browse.aspx?lvl=2&lvlid=208.
- Screening for breast cancer: Recommendations and rationale.Ann Intern Med. 2002; 137: 344-346
- The guide to clinical preventive services.Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD2009
U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF). (2010). Recommendations. Retrieved May 21, 2012, from http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/recommendations.htm.
U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF). (2012). Screening for cervical cancer: U.S. preventive services task force recommendation statement. Retrieved September 11, 2012, from http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/uspstf/uspscerv.htm.
- Disability and receipt of clinical preventive services among women.Womens Health Issues. 2006; 16: 286-296
- Health disparities between women with and without disabilities: A review of the research.Social Work in Public Health. 2010; 25: 368-386
- International classification of functioning, disability and health.Author, Geneva2001
World Health Organization. (2013). Social determinants of health. Retrieved February 8, 2013, from http://www.who.int/social_determinants/en/.
- Barriers to adherence to screening mammography among women with disabilities.American Journal of Public Health. 2010; 100: 947-953
Supported by grant # H133A080031 from National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research/DOE . However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.