Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women's Health Issues
- Preconception care for improving perinatal outcomes: The time to act.Maternal and Child Health Journal. 2006; 10: S3-S11
- Rurality and birth outcomes: Findings from Southern Appalachia and the potential role of pregnancy smoking.Journal of Rural Health. 2009; 25: 141-149
- Predisposing, enabling and pregnancy-related determinants of late initiation of prenatal care.Maternal and Child Health Journal. 2011; 15: 1067-1075
- Barriers to timely prenatal care among women with insurance: The importance of prepregnancy factors.Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2000; 95: 874-880
- Are rural residents less likely to obtain recommended preventive healthcare services?.American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2001; 21: 182-188
- Maternal health: Does prenatal care make a difference?.Health Economics. 2006; 15: 461-488
- Urban and rural health Chartbook. Health, United States.National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD2001
- Does rural residence affect access to prenatal care in Oregon.The Journal of Rural Health. 2009; 25: 150-157
- Characteristics of women who do not seek prenatal care and implications for prevention.Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing. 2009; 38: 174-181
- Obesity and pregnancy: Clinical management of the obese gravid.American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2011; 204: 106-119
- Individual and community predictors of preterm birth and low birthweight along the rural-urban continuum in Central Pennsylvania.Journal of Rural Health. 2007; 23: 42-48
- Iron stores in low-income pregnant Mexican women at term.Archives of Medical Research. 2002; 33: 81-84
- Effect of smoking on circulating angiogenic factors in high risk pregnancies.Public Library of Science ONE. 2010; 5: 1-6
- Nutrition during lactation. Report of the Subcommittee on Nutrition during lactation. Committee on Nutritional Status during pregnancy and lactation. Food and Nutrition Board.National Academy Press, Washington, DC1991
- A 2020 vision for women's health.Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2011; 23: 454-459
National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. (2008). Antenatal care. Routine care for the healthy pregnant women. Retrieved September, 2011, from http://www.nice.org.uk/.
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. (2005). Care Before and During Pregnancy-Prenatal Care. Retrieved October, 2011, from http://126.96.36.199/about/womenhealth/prenatal_care.cfm.
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. (2012). High-risk pregnancy. Retrieved April, 2012, from http://www.nichd.nih.gov/.
U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2009). Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS). Retrieved September, 2011, from http://www.cdc.gov/prams/.
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2011). Maternal and infant health research: Pregnancy complications. Retrieved September, 2011, from http://www.cdc.gov/.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2011). Healthy people 2020. Retrieved October 28, 2011, from http://healthypeople.gov.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2010). Rethinking MCH: The Life Course Model as an organizing framework: Concept paper. 75th Anniversary of Title V. Retrieved September, 2011, from http://www.hrsa.gov/.
- The impact of prenatal care in the United States on preterm births in the presence and absence of antenatal high-risk conditions.American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2002; 187: 1254-1257
- The impact of prenatal care on postneonatal deaths in the presence and absence of antenatal high-risk conditions.American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2002; 187: 1258-1262
- Prenatal care and Black-White fetal death disparity in the United States Heterogeneity by high-risk conditions.Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2002; 99: 483-489
- Preconception predictors of birth outcomes: Prospective findings from the Central Pennsylvania Women’s Health Study.Maternal and Child Health Journal. 2009; 15: 829-835
- PRAMS 2002 Surveillance Report.Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta2006
- Health insurance coverage in rural America chartbook.Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, Washington, DC2003