Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
American Cancer Society. (2008). American Cancer Society Guidelines for the early detection of cancer. Retrieved July 9, 2009 from http://www.cancer.org.
American Cancer Society. (2010). Cancer facts & figures 2010. Atlanta: American Cancer Society. Retrieved October 31, 2011 from http://www.cancer.org/acs.
American College of Radiology. (2008). ACR practice guideline for the performance of screening and diagnostic mammography. Practice Guidelines and Technical Standards Retrieved January 31, 2011, 2011, from http://www.acr.org/.
Carolina Mammography Registry (CMR). (2011). CMR overview. Retrieved October 31, 2011 from http://www.unc.edu/.
Dillman, D., & Carley-Baxter, L. (2001). Structural determinants of mail survey response rates over a 12-year period, 1989–1999. Paper presented at the Proceedings of American Statistical Association Survey Methods Section, Alexandria, VA.
- Mail and internet surveys: The tailored design method.Wiley, New York2000
- How prenotice letters, stamped return envelopes, and reminder postcards affect mailback response rates for census questionnaires.Survey Methodology. 1995; 21: 7
- Improving health care quality and safety for people with disabilities: An interview with Lisa Iezzoni. Interview by Steven Berman.Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety. 2006; 32: 400-406
- Satisfaction with quality and access to health care among people with disabling conditions.International Journal for Quality in Health Care. 2002; 14: 369-381
- Use of screening and preventive services among women with disabilities.American Journal of Medical Quality. 2001; 16: 135-144
- Barriers and strategies affecting the utilization of primary preventive services for people with physical disabilities: A qualitative inquiry.Health & Social Care in the Community. 2006; 14: 284-293
- Disparities in breast cancer treatment and survival for women with disabilities.Annals of Internal Medicine. 2006; 145: 637-645
- Primary care for adults with physical disabilities: Perceptions from consumer and provider focus groups.Family Medicine. 2008; 40: 645-651
National Cancer Institute. (2010, October 1). Screening mammography: Help with explaining benefits and potential harms. Retrieved October 31, 2011, from http://www.cancer.gov.
North Carolina State Center for Health Statistics. (2011). Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) Calendar Year 2009 Results. Retrieved October 31, 2011 from http://www.schs.state.nc.us/schs/brfss/2009/index.html.
North Carolina Office of Disability and Health and the State Center for Health Statistics. (2004). Health and disability in North Carolina, 2003: A joint report from the NC office on disability and health and the state center for health statistics. Raleigh, NC.
- Intentions to maintain adherence to mammography.Journal of Women’s Health (Larchmont). 2008; 17: 1133-1141
- Breast cancer detection and outcomes in a disability beneficiary population.Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. 2002; 13: 461-476
- Do perceived barriers and benefits vary by mammography stage? Psychology.Health & Medicine. 1997; 2: 10
- Perspectives of women with disabilities on reaching those who are hard to reach.Journal of Neuroscience Nursing. 2007; 39: 163-171
Susan G Komen for the Cure. (2008). Early detection and screening: General recommendations. Retrieved July 9, 2009, from http://ww5.komen.org/.
U.S. Census Bureau. (2011). American fact finder. Retrieved October 31, 2011 from http://factfinder2.census.gov/.
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2010). Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System prevalence and trends data. Retrieved February 20, 2012 from http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/brfss/.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2011). Healthy People 2020 topics and objectives: Disability and health. Retrieved October 31, 2011 from http://healthypeople.gov.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Disability. (2005). Access to quality health services and disability: A companion to chapter 1 of Health People 2010. Retrieved November 10, 2008, 2008, from http://hhs.gov.
U.S. Department of Justice. (2010, November 17, 2010). 2010 ADA standards for accessible design. Retrieved June 2, 2011, from http://www.ada.gov.
- Screening for breast cancer: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement.Annals of Internal Medicine. 2009; 151: 716W-726W
- Barriers to adherence to screening mammography among women with disabilities.American Journal of Public Health. 2009; 100: 947-953
Supported by grants from Susan G. Komen for the Cure (POP35606) and the National Cancer Institute (CA 7004).