Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
American Academy of Family Physicians. (N.D.) Primary care policy and advocacy. Available: http://www.aafp.org. Accessed April 28, 2011.
- ACOG Committee Opinion no. 452: Primary and preventive care: Periodic assessments.Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2009; 114: 1444-1451
- Revisiting the behavioral model and access to medical care: Does it matter?.Journal of Health and Social Behavior. 1995; 36: 1-10
- Understanding the challenges of reducing cancer in Appalachia: Addressing a place-based health disparity population.California Journal of Health Promotion. 2007; 5: 40-49
- Counting generalist physicians (Letter to the editor).Journal of the American Medical Association. 1996; 275: 1544-1545
- Predictors of colorectal cancer screening behaviors among average-risk older adults in the United States.Cancer Causes and Control. 2008; 19: 339-359
- Assessing proportionality in the proportional odds model for ordinal logistic regression.Biometrics. 1990; 46: 1171-1178
- Achieving a uniform federal primary care policy. Opportunities presented by national health reform.Journal of the American Medical Association. 1993; 269: 498-501
- Primary care for women: The role of the obstetrician-gynecologist.Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology. 1999; 42: 306-313
- Are rural residents less likely to obtain recommended preventive healthcare services?.American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2001; 21: 182-188
- Revised recommendations for HIV testing of adults, adolescents, and pregnant women in health-care settings.Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 2006; 55: 1-17
- Recommended adult immunization schedule-United States, 2010.Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 2010; 59
- Health concerns across a woman’s lifespan: The Commonwealth Fund 1998 Survey of Women’s Health.The Commonwealth Fund, New York1999
- Contextual analysis of breast and cervical cancer screening and factors associated with health care access among United States women, 2002.Social Science in Medicine. 2008; 66: 260-275
- Validity and reliability of the Prenatal Psychosocial Profile.Research in Nursing and Health. 1994; 17: 127-135
- Investigating neighborhood and area effects on health.American Journal of Public Health. 2001; 91: 1783-1789
Dorgan, K. A., Hutson, S. P., Gerding, G., & Duvall, K. L. (2009). Culturally tailored cancer communication, education, and research: The highways and back roads of Appalachia. Preventing Chronic Disease 6. Available: http://www.cdc.gov.
- National consensus guidelines on identifying and responding to domestic violence victimization in healthcare settings.Author, San Francisco2004
- Gender differences in colorectal cancer screening barriers and information needs.Health Expectations. 2006; 10: 148-160
- Use of the behavioral model of health care use to identify correlates of use of treatment for panic attacks in the community.Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology. 2002; 37: 212-219
- Colorectal cancer screening barriers and facilitators in older persons.Preventive Medicine. 2010; 50: 3-10
- The challenge of defining and counting generalist physicians: An analysis of physician masterfile data.American Journal of Public Health. 1995; 85: 1402-1407
- Technical Documentation with Field Numbers for the Area Resource File.U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC2007
- Are two doctors better than one? Women’s physician use and appropriate care.Women’s Health Issues. 2002; 12: 138-149
- Obstetrician-gynecologist as primary care provider.American Journal of Managed Care. 2001; 2001: SP19-SP24
- Healthcare costs in patients with diabetes mellitus and comorbid mental disorders: A systematic review.Diabetologia. 2010; 53: 2470-2479
- Committee on Preventive Services for Women. Clinical preventive services for women: Closing the gaps.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2011
- Predictors of colorectal cancer screening participation in the United States.American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2003; 98: 2082-2091
- Recommendations to improve preconception health and health care: United States. A report of the CDC/ATSDR Preconception Care Work Group and the Select Panel on Preconception Care.Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report Recommendations and Reports. 2006; 55: 1-23
- Association of contextual factors and breast cancer screening: Finding new targets to promote early detection.Journal of Women’s Health. 2007; 16: 36-45
- Inadequate cervical cancer screening among mid-aged Australian women who have experienced partner violence.Preventive Medicine. 2009; 48: 184-188
- Abused women disclose partner interference in health care: An unrecognized form of battering.Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2007; 22: 1067-1072
- The quality of health care delivered to adults in the United States.The New England Journal of Medicine. 2003; 348: 2635-2645
- Characteristics of osteopathic physicians choosing to practice rural primary care.Journal of the American Osteopathic Association. 2006; 106: 275-279
- Health, United States, 2009: With special feature on medical technology.Author, Hyattsville, MD2009
National Cholesterol Education Program Expert Panel. (2002). Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (ATP III). NIH. Publication No. 02-5212, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD.
- American College of Preventive Medicine Practice Policy statement. Weight management counseling of overweight adults.American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2001; 21: 73-78
- Healthcare and preventive services utilization of elderly Europeans with depressive symptoms.Journal of Affective Disorders. 2008; 105: 247-252
- Partial proportional odds models for ordinal response variables.Applied Statistics. 1990; 39: 205-217
Rabe-Hesketh, S., Skrondal, A., & Pickles, A. (2004). GLLAMM Manual.U.C. Berkeley Division of Biostatistics Working Paper Series, Working Paper 160. Available: http://www.bepress.com/.
- The CES-D Scale: A self-report depression scale for research in the general population.Applied Psychological Measurement. 1977; 1: 385-401
- Society and the adolescent self-image.Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ1965
- Predictors of screening for breast, cervical, colorectal and prostatic cancer among community-based primary care practices.Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. 2000; 13: 1-10
- Racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and access disparities in the use of preventive services among women.Preventive Medicine. 2003; 37: 475-484
- Delivery of preventive services to adults aged 50-64: Monitoring performance using a composite measure.Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2008; 23: 733-740
- Psychological distress, unmet need, and barriers to mental health care for women.Women’s Health Issues. 2001; 11: 231-243
- The MOS social support survey.Social Science in Medicine. 1991; 32: 704-714
- Measuring intrafamily conflict and violence: The Conflict Tactics Scale.Journal of Marriage and Family. 1979; 41: 75-88
U.S. Department of Agriculture. (2010). Economic Research Service. Measuring rurality: Rural urban continuum codes. Available: http://www.ers.usda.gov.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (U.S. DHHS). (2010). Area Resource File (ARF): National county-level health resource information database. Available: http://arf.hrsa.gov/. Accessed 6/15/2010.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (U.S. DHHS). (2011). National Guideline Clearinghouse. Guidelines Syntheses. Available: http://www.guideline.gov/.
U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF). (2010). Guide to Clinical Preventive Services, 2010–2011. Available: http://www.ahrq.gov.
- How to Score Version 2 of the SF-12 Health Survey (With a Supplement Documenting Version 1.).QualityMetric Incorporated, Lincoln, RI2002
- Generalized ordered logit/partial proportional odds for ordinal dependent variables.Stata Journal. 2006; 6: 58-82
- Preconceptional health: Risks of adverse pregnancy outcomes by reproductive life stage in the Central Pennsylvania Women’s Health Study (CePAWHS).Women’s Health Issues. 2006; 16: 216-224
- Preconception predictors of birth outcomes: Prospective findings from the central Pennsylvania women’s health study.Maternal Child Health Journal. 2011; 15: 829-835
- Measuring factors that influence the utilisation of preventive care services provided by general practitioners in Australia.BMC Health Services Research. 2009; 9: 218
The Central Pennsylvania Women’s Health Study was funded, in part, by grant number 4100020719 from the Pennsylvania Department of Health . The Pennsylvania Department of Health specifically disclaims responsibility for any analyses, interpretations or conclusions. Dr. McCall-Hosenfeld's effort on the project described was supported by Award Number K12HD055882 ( Penn State BIRCWH Program ) from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development or the National Institutes of Health. Dr. Chuang was supported by K23 HD051634 from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development .