Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Socioeconomic factors differentiating maternal and child health-seeking behavior in rural Bangladesh: A cross-sectional analysis.International Journal for Equity in Health. 2010; 9: 9
- Multiple regression: testing and interpreting interactions.Sage, Newbury Park, CA1991
- Adolescent and adult first time mothers’ health seeking practices during pregnancy and early motherhood in Wakiso district, central Uganda.Reproductive Health. 2008; 5: 13
- Millennium development goals: Bangladesh progress at a glance; 2007.General Economic Division, Planning Commission, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, Dhaka2007
- Does antenatal care make a difference to safe delivery? A study in urban Uttar Pradesh, India.Health Policy and Planning. 1999; 14: 38-48
- Dimensions of women’s autonomy and the influence on Maternal Health Care Utilization in a North Indian City.Demography. 2001; 38: 67-78
- Families in focus: New perspectives on mothers, fathers and children.The Population Council, New York1995
- Women’s position and child mortality and morbidity in less developed countries.in: Federici N. Mason K. Sogner S. Women’s position and demographic change. Clarendon Press, Oxford1993
- Multi-sectoral determinants of maternal mortality in Bangladesh.Workshop on addressing multi-sectoral determinants of maternal mortality ESCAP Region, Hefei, Anhui Province, China2008
- Determinants of the use of maternal health services in rural Bangladesh.Health Promotion International. 2003; 18: 327-337
- Gender inequality and severe malnutrition among children in a remote rural area of Bangladesh.Journal of Health Population and Nutrition. 2000; 18: 123-130
- Skilled attendance at delivery in Bangladesh: An ethnographic study (p. 22). Research monograph series.Research and Evaluation Division, BRAC, Dhaka, Bangladesh2003
- Biostatistics: Logistic regression analysis.Singapore Medical Journal. 2004; 45: 149
- Determinants of two major early-childhood diseases and their treatment in the Philippines: Findings from the 1993 National Demographic Survey.Asia-Pacific Population Research Reports No. 9, East-West Centre, Dhaka1996
- Utilization of postnatal care in Bangladesh: Evidence from a longitudinal study.Health and Social Care in Community. 2002; 10: 492-502
- The strategy of risk approach in antenatal care: Evaluation of the referral compliance.Social Science and Medicine. 1995; 40: 529-535
- Care and nutrition: Concepts and measurement.World Development. 1999; 27: 1309-1337
- Women’s position within the household as a determinant of maternal health care use in Nepal.International Family Planning Perspectives. 2006; 32: 17-27
- Effects of the productive role of Bangladeshi women on their reproductive decisions.Asia-Pacific Population Journal. 2001; 16: 1-14
Integrated Regional Information Networks. (2008). Bangladesh: Maternal deaths highest in South Asia. Available: http://southasia.oneworld.net.
- Maternal health in resource-poor urban settings: How does women’s autonomy influence the utilization of obstetric care services?.Reproductive Health. 2009; 6: 9
- Maternal health and care-seeking behavior In Bangladesh: Findings from a national survey.International Family Planning Perspectives. 2007; 33: 75-82
- Systematic review of effect of community-level interventions to reduce maternal mortality.BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 2009; 9: 2
Khan, M., Islam, K., Saha, K. K., Nazmul, S., Desmet, M., & Chowdhury, A. Q. (2002). Gender inequality in health and healthcare in rural Bangladesh: Role of a health insurance program in reducing gender-gap. Paper presented at the 130th Annual Meeting of the APHA.
- Gender equality and women’s empowerment: A critical analysis of the third millennium development goal.Gender and Development. 2005; 13: 13-24
- Gender-related development index for 64 districts of Bangladesh.CPD-UNFPA Programme on Population and Sustainable Development, Dhaka2002
- Empowerment of women in Egypt and links to the survival and health of their infants.in: Presser H. Sen G. Women’s empowerment and demographic processes. Oxford University Press, Oxford2000
- Cultural, maternal health care and women’s status: A comparison of Morocco and Tunisia.Studies in Family Planning. 1993; 24: 354-365
- Prenatal and delivery care and childhood immunization in Guatemala: Do family and community matter?.Demography. 1996; 33: 231-247
- Utilization of health facilities and trained birth attendants for childbirth in rural Bangladesh: An empirical study.Social Science and Medicine. 2002; 54: 1755-1765
- Professional assistance during birth and maternal mortality in two Indonesian districts.Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 2009; 87: 405-484
- Adolescent self reported reproductive morbidity and health care seeking behavior.Journal of Ayub Medical College. 2004; 16: 9-14
- Does service accessibility reduce socioeconomic differentials in maternal care seeking? Evidence from rural Bangladesh.Journal of Bio-social Science. 2007; 40: 19-33
- Factors affecting the utilisation of postpartum care among young mothers in Bangladesh.Health & Social Care in the Community. 2010; (10.1111/j.1365-2524.2010.00953.x)
- Deliveries among the adolescent mothers in rural Bangladesh: Who provides assistance?.World Health Population. 2009; 11: 5-14
- Rural-urban differentials of utilization of ante-natal health-care services in Bangladesh.Health Policy and Development. 2008; 6: 117-125
- Empowerment of rural women in Bangladesh: A household level analysis.Conference on Rural Poverty Reduction through Research for Development and Transformation, Berlin2004
- The impact of agricultural price liberalization on human well-being in West Africa: Implications of intra household preference heterogeneity.Ph.D. dissertation, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor1995
United Nations Development Programme (2005). Human Development Report, 2005. New York, 10017, USA. Available: http://www.undp.org.mk/content/Publications/HDR05_complete.pdf.
United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (2004). World population prospects: The 2004 revision and world urbanization prospects: The 2004 revision. Population Division of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs of the United Nations Secretariat. Available: http://esa.un.org/unpp. Accessed August 10, 2010.
- Programme of action.Author, New York1994
- Gender inequality and reproductive health.Author, New York2003
- Antenatal care randomized trial: Manual for implementation of the new model (document WHO/RHR/01.30).World Health Organization, Geneva2002
- Do women with higher autonomy seek more maternal and child health-care? Evidence from Ethiopia and Eritrea. MPIDR Working paper, WP 2007-035.Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany2007