Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Chronic PTSD in Vietnam combat Veterans: Course of illness and substance abuse.American Journal of Psychiatry. 1996; 153: 369-375
- Posttraumatic stress disorder and drug disorders.Archives of General Psychiatry. 1998; 55: 913-917
- The Women’s War.New York Times, 2007, March 18 (Retrieved from)
- Association of trauma exposure with psychiatric morbidity in military Veterans who have served since September 11, 2001.Journal of Psychiatric Research. 2009; 43: 830-836
- Prevalence of depressive and alcohol abuse symptoms among women VA outpatients who report experiencing sexual assault while in the military.Journal of Traumatic Stress. 1999; 12: 601-612
- Combat duty in Iraq and Afghanistan, mental health problems, and barriers to care.New England Journal of Medicine. 2004; 351: 13-22
- Mental health problems, use of mental health services, and attrition from military service after returning from deployment to Iraq or Afghanistan.JAMA. 2006; 295: 1023-1032
- Risk of suicide among US Veterans after returning from the Iraq or Afghanistan war zones.JAMA. 2008; 300: 652-653
- The role of sexual assault on the risk of PTSD among Gulf War Veterans.Annals of Epidemiology. 2005; 15: 191-195
- Mental health care needs among recent war Veterans.New England Journal of Medicine. 2005; 352: 1289
- The Veterans Health Administration and military sexual trauma.American Journal of Public Health. 2007; 97: 2160-2166
- Military-related sexual trauma among VHA patients returning from Afghanistan and Iraq.American Journal of Public Health. 2010; 100: 1409-1412
- Trauma and the Vietnam war generation: Report of the findings from the National Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Study.Brunner/Mazel, New York1990
- Posttraumatic stress and depression symptoms in soldiers returning from combat operation in Iraq and Afghanistan.Journal of Traumatic Stress. 2007; 20: 933-943
- Gender differences in mental health diagnoses among Iraq and Afghanistan veterans enrolled in VA healthcare.American Journal of Public Health. 2010; 100: 2450-2456
- Women in the military: Where they stand.Women’s Research and Education Institute, Arlington, VA2008
- Validation of a trauma questionnaire in Veteran women.Journal of General Internal Medicine. 1999; 14: 186-189
- Current and lifetime psychiatric disorders among Veterans with war-zone related posttraumatic stress disorder.Journal of Nervous and Mental Disorders. 1996; 184: 307-313
- Bringing the war back home: Mental health disorders among 103,788 US Veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan seen at Department of Veterans Affairs facilities.Archives of Internal Medicine. 2007; 167: 476-482
- Sexual assault in women Veterans: An examination of PTSD risk, healthcare utilization and cost of care.Psychosomatic Medicine. 2004; 66: 749-756
- Military sexual trauma: A review of the prevalence and associated health consequences in Veterans.Trauma Violence Abuse. 2008; 9: 250-269
- Invisible wounds of war: Summary and recommendations for addressing psychological and cognitive injuries.RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, CA2008
U.S. Department of Defense, Defense Manpower Data Center: Contingency Tracking System Deployment File, data as of March 31, 2011.
VA Office of Quality and Performance: Technical Manual for the VHA Performance Measurement System, http://vaww.oqp.med.va.gov/programs/pm/pmPolicyTechManual.aspx, data last retrieved May 18, 2011.
- Course and predictors of posttraumatic stress disorder among Gulf War Veterans: A prospective analysis.Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology. 1999; 67: 520-528
- Epidemiology of trauma, Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and co-morbid disorders in Chile.Psychological Medicine. 2006; 36: 1523-1533
Supported by Department of Defense Concept Award Grant (Maguen), VA Health Sciences Research and Development (HSR&D) Career Development Award (Maguen), and National Institutes of Health grant K23 HL 094765-01 (Cohen).