Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women's Health Issues
- Prevalence of risk factors for adverse pregnancy outcomes during pregnancy and the preconception period—United States, 2002–2004.Maternal and Child Health Journal. 2006; 10: 101-106
- Promising practices in preconception care for women at risk for poor health and pregnancy outcomes.Maternal and Child Health Journal. 2006; 10: S21-S28
- Recommendations to improve preconception health and health care—United States: A report of the CDC/ATSDR Preconception Care Work Group and the Select Panel on Preconception.Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 2006; 55: 1-23
- Use of supplements containing folic acid among women of childbearing age—United States, 2007.Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 2008; 57: 5-8
- Trends and predictors of folic acid awareness and periconceptional use in pregnant women.American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2005; 192: 121-128
- The effect of preconception counseling on lifestyle and other behavior before and during pregnancy.Women’s Health Issues. 2008; 18S: S117-S125
- Preconception healthcare: What women know and believe.Maternal and Child Health Journal. 2006; 10: S73-S77
- Improving women’s preconceptional health. Findings from a randomized trial of the Strong Healthy Women intervention in the Central Pennsylvania women’s health study.Women’s Health Issues. 2008; 18S: S87-S96
LeRoy, L. J. (2010, November). Family planning quality improvement projects in Healthy Start communities. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Public Health Association. Denver, CO.
March of Dimes. (2010). Peristats. Available: www.marchofdimes.com/peristats. Accessed July 9, 2010.
- Births: Final data for 2006. National Vital Statistics Reports, 57.National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD2009
- Infant mortality statistics from the 2006 period linked birth/infant death data set. National Vital Statistics Reports, 58.National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD2010
National Association of Community Health Centers, Research & Data. (2009). America’s Health Centers, March 2009. Available: http://www.nachc.com. Accessed May 6, 2009.
- Promoting pre-conceptional use of folic acid to Hispanic women: A social marketing approach.Maternal and Child Health Journal. 2006; 10: 403-412
- Integrating preconception health into public health practice: A tale of three cities.Journal of Women’s Health. 2008; 17: 723-727
U.S. Census Bureau. (2008). American Community Survey, 1-year estimates. Available: http://factfinder.census.gov. Accessed July 9, 2010.
Wilnesky, S., & Proser, M. (2008). Community approaches to women's health. Delivering preconception care in a community health center model. Women's Health Issues, 18S, S52–S60.