Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women's Health Issues
- Prevalence of polycystic ovaries and polycystic ovary syndrome in lesbian women compared with heterosexual women.Fertility and Sterility. 2004; 82: 1352-1357
- Polycystic ovary syndrome.Nursing Standard. 2004; 18: 40-44
- Insulin responses to the oral glucose tolerance test in women of different ethnicity with polycystic ovary syndrome.Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Canada. 2005; 27: 33-37
- Controversy in clinical endocrinology: Diagnosis of polycystic ovarian syndrome: the Rotterdam criteria are premature.Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2006; 91: 781-785
- What is polycystic ovary syndrome? Are national views important?.Human Reproduction. 2002; 17: 2219-2227
- Polycystic ovary syndrome—a systemic disorder? Baillieres Best Practice and Research.Clinical Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 2003; 17: 263-274
- Sexual orientation in women: An investigation of hormonal and personality variables.Biological Psychology. 1990; 30: 251-264
- PCOS in lesbian and heterosexual women treated with artificial donor insemination.Reproductive Biomedicine Online. 2008; 17: 398-402
- Sex hormones in lesbian and heterosexual women.Hormones and Behavior. 1987; 21: 347-357
- Clinical assessment of body hair growth in women.Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 1961; 21: 1440-1447
- Polycystic ovary syndrome in Mexican-Americans: Prevalence and association with the severity of insulin resistance.Fertility and Sterility. 2005; 84: 766-769
- Androgen and psychosexual development: Core gender identity, sexual orientation, and recalled childhood gender role behavior in women and men with congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH).Journal of Sex Research. 2004; 41: 75-81
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome and insulin resistance in white and Mexican American women: A comparison of two distinct populations.American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2003; 188: 1661-1662
- Lesbian health: Frequently asked questions.(Available:)Accessed September 13, 2010)
- Sex hormones and female homosexuality: A critical examination.Archives of Sexual Behaviour. 1979; 8: 101-119
- Sexual orientation in women with classical or non-classical congenital adrenal hyperplasia as a function of degree of prenatal androgen excess.Archives of Sexual Behavior. 2008; 37: 85-99
- Familial study of hirsutism.Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 1970; 31: 556-564
- Bisexually concordant, heterosexuality and homosexually discordant: A matched-pair comparison of male and female andrenogenital syndrome.Psychiatry. 1987; 50: 97-111
- The disease burden associated with overweight and obesity.JAMA. 1999; 282: 1523-1529
- Testosterone and sex role identification in lesbian couples.Physiology and Behavior. 1996; 60: 1033-1035
- The coming-out process of young lesbian and bisexual women: Are there butch/femme differences in sexual identity development?.Archives of Sexual Behavior. 2006; 38: 34-49
- Revised 2003 consensus on diagnostic criteria and long-term health risks related to polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).Human Reproduction. 2004; 19: 41-47
- A comparative study of complementary and alternative medicine use among heterosexually and lesbian identified women: Data from the ESTHER Project (Pittsburgh, PA, 2003–2006).Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2010; 16: 1161-1170
Solarz, A.L. (Ed.). (1999). Lesbian health: Current assessment and directions for the future. Committee on Lesbian Health Research Priorities, Neuroscience and Behavioral Health Program [and] Health Sciences Policy Program, Health Sciences Section, Institute of Medicine; National Academy Press (Washington DC).
- Fundamentals of clinical chemistry.3rd ed. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia1987
- Defining constant versus variable phenotypic features of women with polycystic ovary syndrome using different ethnic groups and populations.Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2006; 91: 4361-4368
- Psychosexual development of women with congenital adrenal hyperplasia.Hormones and Behavior. 1996; 30: 300-318
The ESTHER Project was funded by the National Lung, Blood and Heart Association. The PCOS Study was funded by the ESTHER Project, The Lambda Foundation, and the Lesbian Health Fund (Gay and Lesbian Medical Association).