Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Women's Health Issues
- Maternal mortality in developed countries; not just a concern of the past.Obstetrics and Gynecology. 1995; 86: 700-705
Bhatia, J.C. 91988). A study of maternal mortality in Anantpur District (sponsored by WHO). Bangalore: Indian Institute of Management.
- Reasons for the underreporting of maternal mortality in France, as indicated by a survey of all deaths among women of childbearing age.International Journal of Epidemiology. 1991; 20: 717-721
- Determinants of reduction in maternal mortality in Matlab, Bangladesh: A 30-year cohort study.Lancet. 2007; 370: 1320-1328
- Millennium Development Goal India Report 2005.Government of India, Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, 2005, December (New Delhi)
- Mission document: National Rural Health Mission.Ministry of Health, Government of India, 2006 (New Delhi)
- Evaluation of a primary health care programme in The Gambia. I. The impact of trained traditional birth attendants on the outcome of pregnancy.Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 1990; 93: 58-66
- Report on estimates of maternal mortality ratios in India and its states: A pilot study.Institute for Research in Medical Statistics, Indian Council of Medical Research, 2003, July (New Delhi)
International Institute of Population Sciences (IIPS). (2008), National Family Health Survey-3. Mumbai: International Institute of Population Sciences.
IMMPACT. (2009). Maternal mortality measurement resources. Available from: http://www.maternal-mortality-measurement.org/MMMResource_Affiliations.html.
Hill, K., Thomas, K., Abou Zahr, C., Walker, N., Say. L., Inoue, M., et al. (2007). Estimates of maternal mortality worldwide between 1990 and 2005: An assessment of available data. Lancet, 370, 1311–1319.
- Maternal mortality in India: 1997–2003 trends, causes and risk factors.Registrar General, India2003
- Maternal mortality: Who, when, where and why (on behalf of The Lancet Maternal Survival Series Steering Group).Lancet. 2006; 368: 1189-1200
- Socioeconomic inequalities in use of delivery care services in India.J Obstet Gynecol India. 2006; 56 (123–112)
- Study of causes of maternal mortality at sub-district level.Health and Population Perspectives and Issues. 1995; 18: 37-44
United Nations. (2000, September 18). United Nations Millennium Declaration. Resolution adapted by the General Assembly, 55th Session of the United National General Assembly, New York.
- Of blind alleys and things that have worked: history's lessons on reducing maternal mortality.Studies Health Services Organisation Policy. 2001; 17: 7-33
- Identifying maternal deaths in developing countries: Experience in Jamaica.International Journal of Epidemiology. 1990; 9: 599-605
- Maternal mortality: A global factbook.Author, Geneva1991
World Health Organization (WHO). (1994). Health systems research—It can make a difference, Vol. II, Factors associated with maternal mortality. Joint WHO/RTI/DGI project on Health System Research.
- Maternal morality in 2000 estimates by WHO, UNICEF, and UNFPA.World Health Organization, Geneva2004