Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- High parity and adverse birth outcomes: Exploring the maze.Birth. 2005; 32: 45-59
American College of Nurse-Midwives. (2016). Fact sheet: Essential Facts about Midwives. Available: http://www.midwife.org/acnm/files/ccLibraryFiles/Filename/000000005948/EssentialFactsAboutMidwives-021116FINAL.pdf. Accessed: April 16, 2016.
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine. (2014). Obstetric consensus: Safe prevention of the primary cesarean delivery. Available: www.acog.org/Resources-And-Publications/Obstetric-Care-Consensus-Series/Safe-Prevention-of-the-Primary-Cesarean-Delivery. Accessed: June 22, 2015.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Births: Final data for 2014. (2015a). Available: www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_12.pdf. Accessed: January 18, 2016.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Births: Final data for 2013. (2015b). Available: www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_01.pdf. Accessed: June 22, 2015.
Congress. (2014). H.R.4385-To amend the Public Health Service Act to provide for the designation of maternity care health professional shortage areas. Available: www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/4385/text. Accessed: June 22, 2015.
- ACNM and MANA: Divergent histories and convergent trends.in: Davis-Floyd R. Johnson C. Mainstreaming midwives: The politics of change. Routledge, New York2006
- Trends in midwife-attended births in the United States, 1989-2009.Journal of Midwifery and Womens Health. 2012; 57: 321-326
- State regulation, payment policies, and nurse-midwife services.Health Affairs (Millwood). 1998; 17: 190-200
- The transformation of American midwifery: 1975 to 1988.American Journal of Public Health. 1992; 82: 680-684
- Finding midwifery in administrative data systems.Journal of Midwifery and Womens Health. 2007; 52: 98-105
- Neonatal outcomes associated with planned vaginal versus planned primary cesarean delivery.Journal of Perinatology. 2010; 30: 258-264
- The risks associated with pregnancy in women aged 35 years or older.Human Reproduction. 2000; 15: 2433-2437
- Racial differences in cesareans: An analysis of U.S. 2001 National Inpatient Sample Data.Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2005; 105: 710-718
- Midwifery care and patient-provider communication in maternity decisions.Maternal and Child Health Journal. 2015; 19: 1608-1615
Lancet. (2014). Midwifery. Available: www.thelancet.com/series/midwifery. Accessed: June 22, 2015.
- Birth outcomes and the effectiveness of prenatal care.Health Services Research. 1998; 32: 805-823
- Effect of neighbourhood income and maternal education on birth outcomes: A population-based study.CMAJ. 2006; 174: 1415-1420
March of Dimes. (2013). Premature birth: The financial impact on business. Available: www.marchofdimes.org/materials/premature-birth-the-financial-impact-on-business.pdf. Accessed: June 22, 2015.
- Assessing the quality of medical and health data from the 2003 birth certificate revision: Results from two states.National Vital Statistics Report. 2013; 62: 1-19
ME. Code R. § 02–373.
ME. Code R. § 02–380.
ME. Code R. § 02-380-8 et. seq.
- Natality Detail File 2009–2011.Author, Hyattsville, MD2009-2011
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). (2014). Intrapartum care: Care of healthy women and their babies during childbirth. Available: www.nice.org.uk/guidance/CG190. Accessed: June 22, 2015.
National Partnership for Women & Families. (2013). The cost of having a baby in the United States. Available: http://transform.childbirthconnection.org/reports/cost/. Accessed: June 22, 2015.
Neb. Rev. Stat. § 38-607; 38–609.
Neb. Rev. Stat. § 38–610.
Neb. Rev. Stat. § 38–618.
New York Times. (2014). Are midwives safer than doctors? Available: www.nytimes.com/2014/12/15/opinion/are-midwives-safer-than-doctors.html. Accessed: June 22, 2015.
- Maternal smoking and adverse birth outcomes among singletons and twins.American Journal of Public Health. 2000; 90: 395-400
- Timing of enhanced prenatal care and birth outcomes in New Jersey's HealthStart program.Maternal and Child Health Journal. 2005; 9: 151-158
- Midwifery and quality care: Findings from a new evidence-informed framework for maternal and newborn care.Lancet. 2014; 384: 1129-1145
- Midwife-led continuity models versus other models of care for childbearing women.Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2013; : CD004667
- Maternal marital status and birth outcomes: A systematic review and meta-analyses.Maternal and Child Health Journal. 2011; 15: 1097-1109
- Relationship between malpractice litigation pressure and rates of cesarean section and vaginal birth after cesarean section.Medical Care. 2009; 47: 234-242
Funding statement: Office of Research on Women's Health at the National Institutes of Health K12-HD055887.