American Optometric Association. (2014). Recommended eye examination frequency for pediatric patients and adults. Available: http://www.aoa.org/patients-and-public/caring-for-your-vision/comprehensive-eye-and-vision-examination/recommended-examination-frequency-for-pediatric-patients-and-adults?sso=y. Accessed September 18, 2014.
- Effect of three decades of screening mammography on breast-cancer incidence.New England Journal of Medicine. 2012; 367: 1998-2005
- Mammography use among women ages 40-49 after the 2009 U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendation.Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2013; 28: 1447-1453
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. (2012). Pap tests/pelvic exams (screening). Available: http://www.medicare.gov/coverage/pap-tests-pelvic-exams-screening.html. Accessed September 18, 2014.
- Screening for breast cancer.JAMA. 2005; 293: 1245-1256
- Is screening for breast cancer with mammography justifiable?.Lancet. 2000; 355: 129-134
- Effect of withdrawal of co-proxamol on prescribing and deaths from drug poisoning in England and Wales: Time series analysis.British Medical Journal. 2009; 338: 1-5
- Six-year follow-up of impact of co-proxamol withdrawal in England and Wales on prescribing and deaths: Time-series study.PLoS Medicine. 2012; 9: e1001213
- Mammography rates after the 2009 US Preventive Services Task Force breast cancer screening recommendation.Preventive Medicine. 2012; 55: 485-487
- Breast cancer screening: A summary of the evidence for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.Annals of Internal Medicine. 2002; 137: 347-360
- Global patterns of cancer incidence and mortality rates and trends.Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention. 2010; 19: 1893-1907
- Recent trends in adherence to continuous screening for breast cancer among Medicare beneficiaries.Preventive Medicine. 2015; 73C: 47-52
- Breast cancer screening: Conflicting guidelines and medicolegal risk.JAMA. 2013; 309: 2555-2556
- Use of interrupted time-series method to evaluate the impact of cigarette excise tax increases in Pennsylvania, 2000-2009.Preventing Chronic Disease. 2013; 10: E169
- Use of an interrupted time-series design to evaluate a cancer screening program.Health Education Research. 2000; 15: 615-623
National Cancer Institute. (2014). SEER cancer statistics review, 1975-2011. Bethesda, MD. Available: http://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2011/. Accessed April 9, 2014.
- Trends in mammography screening rates after publication of the 2009 US Preventive Services Task Force recommendations.Cancer. 2013; 119: 2518-2523
- Use of interrupted time series analysis in evaluating health care quality improvements.Academic Pediatrics. 2013; 13: S38-S44
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendations and cancer screening among female Medicare beneficiaries.Journal of Women's Health (2002). 2014; 23: 211-217
- Experimental and quasi-experiment design for generalized causal inference.Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, MA2002
- The effect of the controversial US Preventive Services Task Force recommendations on the use of screening mammography.Journal of the American College of Radiology. 2013; 10: 21-24
- American Cancer Society guidelines for the early detection of cancer.CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians. 2002; 52: 8-22
- Registry-based study of trends in breast cancer screening mammography before and after the 2009 U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendations.Radiology. 2014; 270: 354-361
- The natural history of breast carcinoma: What have we learned from screening?.Cancer. 1999; 86: 449-462
- Screening for cervical cancer: recommendations and rationale.American Journal of Nursing. 2003; 103: 101-102
- Screening for breast cancer: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement.Annals of Internal Medicine. 2009; 151: 716-726
U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF). (2012). Screening for cervical cancer. Available: http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/uspstf11/cervcancer/cervcancerrs.htm. Accessed April 9, 2014.
- Segmented regression analysis of interrupted time series studies in medication use research.Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics. 2002; 27: 299-309
- Screening mammography in older women: A review.JAMA. 2014; 311: 1336-1347
- Impact of the 2009 US Preventive Services Task Force guidelines on screening mammography rates on women in their 40s.PLoS One. 2014; 9: e91399
- Screening mammography–A long run for a short slide?.New England Journal of Medicine. 2010; 363: 1276-1278
- Repeat testing among Medicare beneficiaries.Archives of Internal Medicine. 2012; 172: 1745-1751
Zhang, F., Wagner, A., S. B., Soumerai, & Ross-Degnan, D. (2002). Estimating confidence intervals around relative changes in outcomes in segmented regression analyses of time series data. Available: http://www.lexjansen.com/nesug/nesug02/st/st005.pdf.
- Medicaid expansion initiative in Massachusetts: Enrollment among substance-abusing homeless adults.American Journal of Public Health. 2013; 103: 2007-2013
Funding disclosure: None.